How can I see what program(s) are running on a Windows 7 Pro PC? RRS feed

• Question

• I have several PCs with Windows 7 Professional installed.

At certain times of the day, the system won't print and/or performance gets very slow.

How can I look to see what program(s) were running when the system stopped printing or performance was very slow?

I'm not made aware of the issue until AFTER it is over so I cannot get valid information from Task Manager.

Monday, August 15, 2016 7:20 PM

Answers

All replies

• You will likely have to setup the Performance Monitor to track this issue.  here is the technet guide for that.

TechNet Guide

Monday, August 15, 2016 7:35 PM
  • Hi,

You can try process monitor and check the result.

Here is download link:

Process Monitor v3.3:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/processmonitor.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

Best Regards,

Tao

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, August 17, 2016 9:40 AM
  • Hi,

We haven’t heard from you for a couple of days, have you solved the problem? How about the solution we have provided? We are looking forward to your good news.

Best Regards,

Tao

Please remember to <b>mark the replies as an answers</b> if they help and <b> unmark</b> them if they provide no help.<br/> If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact <a href="mailto:tnmff@microsoft.com"> tnmff@microsoft.com</a>.

Tuesday, August 23, 2016 8:42 AM