Using Power Query to Get Exchange Mailbox Stats RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to get a dashboard setup to show a client the transfer of mailboxes (username, mailbox size and item count) from one exchange server to another which will take several months to complete. I would like to query the entire destination exchange server rather than one specific mailbox. Is this functionality currently available in Power Query? I am running Excel 2016 (O365 E3 license) and will be querying an Exchange 2013 server that is locally hosted.

I am currently running the Exchange report in Powershell and could script it to run on a frequent basis but would like to use Power Query if possible as I have used it before with querying Project Server in the past with great success.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Tuesday, June 7, 2016 9:00 AM

Answers

• I don't think this is something you can do with Power Query's Exchange connector today. I'd say the best way (which is probably obvious to you anyway) to give Power Query the output of the PowerShell script (CSV file is a good way, for example).

However, there is already a Uservoice thread about this https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/7018892-office-365-exchange-data that you can up-vote :)

Tuesday, June 7, 2016 5:59 PM

All replies

• I don't think this is something you can do with Power Query's Exchange connector today. I'd say the best way (which is probably obvious to you anyway) to give Power Query the output of the PowerShell script (CSV file is a good way, for example).

However, there is already a Uservoice thread about this https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/7018892-office-365-exchange-data that you can up-vote :)

Tuesday, June 7, 2016 5:59 PM
  • Thank you for confirming what I thought was the case. I have already up voted that feature so I hope it gets implemented soon as it has been on the backlog for over a year now.

Wednesday, June 8, 2016 6:23 AM