none
Project Server2013: Project Publish stuck at 68% still shows processing RRS feed

• Question

• We have a number of projects that are stuck at Project Publish 68%  with status still showing Processing.

We have tried the following:

1. Cancelled the Job : Job does not cancel

2. Open offending projects clear cache and re-publish but this just backs up into a nother job waiting to be processed.

3. Re-started the Project Server Queue Services

Currently we are out of options.

Let me know if there is anything else to try.

Philo

Monday, August 10, 2015 2:34 AM

All replies

• Hi Philo,

Have you checked your DB server? This points to a slow performing SQL Server/Disk or fragmented indexes.

I've seen something similar and the issue in our case was the memory of the SQL Server. Increasing the memory helped speeding up the publish jobs. etc.

Hope this helps

Paul

Monday, August 10, 2015 5:01 PM
  • Thanks Paul, the DBA team have confirmed that SQL has enough space and memory allocated.

ULS logs have got something something like "The current operation must not be executed within a database transaction." the following stores have outstanding transactions: PuiblishedStore.

The current jobs are in processing state for few days now and cancelling them in the Project Server queue has absolutely no effect.

Philo

Tuesday, August 11, 2015 2:13 AM
  • Hi Philo,

I have not seen that error in the logs before. However, I would suggest:

- re-provisioning the PWA (Edit the PWA instance)

- installing the latest CU/SP for SharePoint and Project Server

Paul

Tuesday, August 11, 2015 4:57 PM
  • Hi All,

We have managed to solve the problem. A case was raised with Microsoft. The queue had to be purged in the SQL backend.

After this all is back to normal.

• Proposed as answer by PaulMarinescu Wednesday, August 12, 2015 8:30 AM
    Wednesday, August 12, 2015 6:58 AM