none
Unable to delete the Recovery Points for DAG Backup in DPM 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I am expecting your reply mail.

I have gone through the articles and i found the solution to delete the recovery point manually.

I followed the below steps and I am able to remove the recovery points without any issue. but, removed recovery points is not removed from console. I double checked the same and tried twice.

Get-ProtectionGroup -DPMServerName tcsjndpm01
    $pg=Get-ProtectionGroup -DPMServerName tcsjndpm01
    $pg

$ds=Get-Datasource -ProtectionGroup $pg[4]
    $ds
    $rp=Get-RecoveryPoint -Datasource $ds[0]
    $rp
    Remove-RecoveryPoint $rp[0]
    $rp
    $rp=Get-RecoveryPoint -Datasource $ds[0]
    $rp  

Just wanted to know, whether recovery point deletion will take time remove it from console.

Thursday, December 1, 2011 2:57 PM

Answers

• If you disconnect from the server and run all the commands you posted then can you still see those 'deleted' recovery points?

You can disconnect by closing DPM Shell and opening again or by running disconnect-DPMserver and then connecting again by running

connect-DPMServer (&hostname) - This command works if you are running DPMShell on the local Server

Thanks, Wilson Souza - MSFT This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights
    Wednesday, December 28, 2011 7:30 AM

All replies

• Ive tested once and it appear directly. Are you sure that there are no dependencies for the recovery point?

• Proposed as answer by Laith_IT Wednesday, December 21, 2011 8:04 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by Laith_IT Wednesday, December 21, 2011 8:04 PM
    Monday, December 19, 2011 1:06 PM
  • If you disconnect from the server and run all the commands you posted then can you still see those 'deleted' recovery points?

You can disconnect by closing DPM Shell and opening again or by running disconnect-DPMserver and then connecting again by running

connect-DPMServer (&hostname) - This command works if you are running DPMShell on the local Server

Thanks, Wilson Souza - MSFT This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights
    Wednesday, December 28, 2011 7:30 AM
  • Script for DPM 2012 R2
    http://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/DPM-2012-R2-Remove-6167f338

Have a nice day !!!

Tuesday, June 17, 2014 12:15 PM