none
Mail Flow between Exchange 2010 Servers RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, All

I instaled a new Exchange 2010 Server on another AD Site and I can't get mail to flow between the two exchange servers.  Mail gets stuck in the Queue.  My understanding was that this would be automatic since both servers are in the same routing group.

Sunday, November 3, 2013 2:56 PM

Answers

• This is normal to have mails in Shadow Redundancy Queue. You can read more here: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd351027%28v=exchg.141%29.aspx.

But once again: this is normal behavior of Exchange 2010 to have some mails in shadow redundancy queue.

Best Regards, Robert Mandziarz

• Marked as answer by cara chen Monday, November 18, 2013 2:10 AM
    Sunday, November 3, 2013 4:09 PM

All replies

• Hi,

that is true. Since Exchange 2007 there is no need to configure connectors to route internal mail flow between servers. My first guess: there is firewall between sites blocking communication.

To check it run telnet <new server name> 25. Did you also receive any NDR's? They should say more about delivery problems.

Sunday, November 3, 2013 3:09 PM
  • I tested to and from both servers and port 25 is open

Mail seems to flow from server A to Server B but mail going from Server B to Server A gets stuck in a Queue with the description...   Wait a minute!  Light-Bulb moment.

I had a relay receive connector setup that contained the subnet of where the target server resided.  Removed that and now the queue cleared.  However another queue showed up called Shadow Redundancy .  The Check mark is green but it has mail it.  And it is a mail item I actually received so that is strange.

Sunday, November 3, 2013 4:00 PM
  • This is normal to have mails in Shadow Redundancy Queue. You can read more here: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd351027%28v=exchg.141%29.aspx.

But once again: this is normal behavior of Exchange 2010 to have some mails in shadow redundancy queue.

• Marked as answer by cara chen Monday, November 18, 2013 2:10 AM
    Sunday, November 3, 2013 4:09 PM