none
Can't create a project in PWA RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, <o:p></o:p>

I'm new in Project Server 2016, and I have several issues.<o:p></o:p>

I just want to create a new project totally on PWA (without using Project Professional).<o:p></o:p>

To do so, I clicked on the window "Create or import projects" on the homepage of PWA.<o:p></o:p>

But when I did this, under the title "What kind of project?” no choice appears.<o:p></o:p>

This problem appeared also on the "Project center" page: when I clicked on "New", there is only "In Project Professional" which appears.<o:p></o:p>

Finally, I have another problem : in Project center, if I click on a project created on Project Professional, I should normally be redirected to a page associated to the project, but I just have this a message that tells me "Sorry, something went wrong" (technical details : Troubleshoot issues with Microsoft SharePoint Foundation).<o:p></o:p>

I have found nothing related to these problems on forums, and have no idea to fix these issues. <o:p></o:p>

I am quite desperate, any help would be welcolme!<o:p></o:p>

Nayan<o:p></o:p>

Wednesday, August 9, 2017 12:08 PM

Answers

• Hi Prasanna Adavi, 

I did the installation by myself (it was quite hard because I have no knowledge in SharePoint, SQL server...) and I connected Project Professional to PWA.

I think my problem is solved! In fact, the first time I open PWA, there was no "Enterprise Project Type" created. So, I was only able to create project through the Project Professional instance installed on my device.

Now, I created an "Enterprise Project Type", and I can create project on PWA. 

Nayan

Thursday, August 10, 2017 2:08 PM

All replies

• Nayan,

Unfortunately, your question does not have enough information for us to help.

1) Did you install Project Server 2016 yourself? Was it a migration or brand new installation?

2) Has it been configured with Enterprise project Types, Project Detail Pages and so on?

3) Have you connected to Project professional from PWA?

Please give us some background and we will try our best to help.

Cheers,

Prasanna Adavi, Project MVP

Blog:   Podcast:    Twitter:    LinkedIn:   

Wednesday, August 9, 2017 3:14 PM
  • I am not aware of any "Create or import projects" option in PWA homepage.  Is this a custom web part on your home page?

Michael Wharton, MVP, MBA, PMP, MCT, MCTS, MCSD, MCSE+I, MCDBA
    Website http://www.WhartonComputer.com
    Blog http://MyProjectExpert.com contains my field notes and SQL queries

Wednesday, August 9, 2017 7:05 PM
  • Hi Prasanna Adavi, 

I did the installation by myself (it was quite hard because I have no knowledge in SharePoint, SQL server...) and I connected Project Professional to PWA.

I think my problem is solved! In fact, the first time I open PWA, there was no "Enterprise Project Type" created. So, I was only able to create project through the Project Professional instance installed on my device.

Now, I created an "Enterprise Project Type", and I can create project on PWA. 

Nayan

Thursday, August 10, 2017 2:08 PM