frontpage extension 2002 stuck RRS feed

• Question

• I am hosting some internal sites using server 2003 R2 and IIS, I installed frontpage extension 2002 and tried to extend it for one of my sites, after enabling, the extend link has been removed, there is no way to re-install, administrate or remove it. it shows version 6.0 and when I clicked on it there is a page asking for username and password but none of them works, I tried CLI and it says the admin version is lower that your extension version.

Please give me a suggestion to re-install it.

Regards,

Vahid Azad
    MCSA/MCSE: Security
    PANT iTC
    Saturday, October 1, 2011 6:09 AM

Answers

• Hi Vahid,

According to your description, it seems this is just a FrontPage Server Extensions issue other than a SharePoint Server issue.

If I am correctly, I would suggest you re-posting your question in forum http://forums.iis.net to get better support.

Anyway, you can try to backup all sites' files, backup all sites, then uninstall the IIS. After that , reinstall IIS to fix the issue.

Thanks,
    Jinchun Chen 

Jinchun Chen
    Forum Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff AT microsoft.com(Please replace AT with @)
    • Marked as answer by Wayne Fan Saturday, October 15, 2011 12:41 PM
    Monday, October 3, 2011 8:32 AM