none
Critical Dates RRS feed

• Question

• I can use MS Project, but am not an expert.  I have an issue with one of my schedules.

I am preparing a schedule that includes presenting my project to several local boards (Townboard, Planning Commission, and Board of County Commissioners).  Each one of those boards meets at different times.  If I miss the Townboard submittal date, it would push back the Planning Commission and Board of County Commissioners presentations.

I have hard dates for each of these meetings, but need to get MS Project to adjust the schedule based on these meeting dates:  i.e.   The Townboard meetings are every two weeks, so depending on if we complete our submittal packages, we could meet on April 4 or April 18 or May 2, etc.  I want project to adjust the entire schedule based on our ability to present the project at the earliest meeting possible.  In the past, I have just manually punched in the dates, but this method isn't vary dynamic.  Any suggestions?

Friday, March 9, 2012 5:14 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Sorry you do not mention your version of Project... The exact instructions may differ between 2010 vs. earlier versions

The gist is you make a specific calendar through the Change Working times window (2007: Tools, Change Working time; 2010: Project Ribbon, Change Working time button). In Call this calendar say Townboard meetings. Make all the time, except for the meeting days, nonworking time.

Then assign this calendar as a task calendar to the Townboard meeting task(s). Make this task a successor of whatever is the final preparation task.  The townboard meeting will now dynamically be scheduled on the first available meeting day!

Greetings,

Friday, March 9, 2012 5:33 PM