none
All 7 jobs start at the same time and fail RRS feed

• Question

• I have got one PG run 7 jobs at the same time and fail on DPM 2012 SP1.

Failed to prepare a Cluster Shared Volume (CSV) for backup as another backup using the same CSV is in progress. (ID 32612 Details: Back up is in progress. Please wait for backup completion before trying this operation again (0x8007173D))

it fails consistency check regularly. I have reinstalled 2012 SP1, but still same result.

Mike Jacquet has been very helpful and asked me to start a new thread for this thread.

Friday, May 23, 2014 7:23 PM

All replies

• Hi,

It sounds like the Hyper-V Server is running Windows 2008 or Windows 2008 R2 that does not support parallel host level backups without a hardware VSS provider.

Please review the following blog which still applies to DPM 2012 if the Hyper-V servers are Windows 2008 based.

http://blogs.technet.com/b/dpm/archive/2011/09/12/using-system-center-data-protection-manager-2010-to-perform-a-host-level-backup-fails-with-error-0x8007173d.aspx

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Friday, May 23, 2014 8:33 PM
  • Why was it working previously? until I changed co-locate and reinstalled dpm 2012 sp1. is it a known issue? the above article links is for dpm 2010. does it apply to dpm 2012 sp1 as well?
    • Edited by Mo Yusuf Friday, May 23, 2014 8:41 PM
    Friday, May 23, 2014 8:40 PM
  • Hi,

After the you re-installed DPM did you re-enabling Per CSV LUN Serialization ?

This form of serialization limits the number of virtual machine backups happening on a single CSV LUN. This is done by creating a DataSourceGroups.xml file and placing it in the DPM server at %PROGRAMFILES%\Microsoft DPM\DPM\Config. This file provides DPM with information about the CSV virtual machine deployment configuration/distribution on the various CSV LUN so as to serialize the backups that happen per CSV LUN.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Friday, May 23, 2014 9:16 PM
  • No I did not enable it when it was running fine. and serialisation apply to dpm 2010. 

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff634192.aspx

• Edited by Mo Yusuf Friday, May 23, 2014 9:26 PM
    Friday, May 23, 2014 9:21 PM