none
The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Harddisk1\DR1. RRS feed

• Question

• HI,

Have this error on my win server 2008 R2 Service pack 1, someone have tutorial about how to solve it with remote desktop access?

Thks all!

Pier

Wednesday, November 28, 2018 7:44 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Based on my understanding, the issue we are experiencing is getting error “The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Harddisk1\DR1” in event viewer.

If I misunderstood the issue, please don’t hesitate to let me know.

1. Please check if the disks connecting to the computer are working properly, we may open Device Manager, click the disk drives, check if they are working properly:
    2. At a maintenance time, open CMD as administrator, enter chkdsk /r /f to check if the disks are well:https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/administration/windows-commands/chkdsk

Thanks for your time! If you have any concerns or questions, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,

William

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, November 29, 2018 9:50 AM
  • Hi William,

Thnks very much for your support!

Do you know if the chkdsk procedure take much time, I see in the MS link that we can delay it at the next restart but seen that the computer is an important website server, I want to be sure that command dont corrupt the disk ?

Have a great day!

Thursday, November 29, 2018 7:52 PM
  • Hi,

Do you know if the chkdsk procedure take much time.

Sorry we can’t sure the exact time, it depends on the disk size and the number of files. As the notification below:

If you use chkdsk /f on a very large disk or a disk with a very large number of files (for example, millions of files), chkdsk /f might take a long time to complete.

I see in the MS link that we can delay it at the next restart but seen that the computer is an important website server, I want to be sure that command dont corrupt the disk?

Yes, we can delay it at the next restart. I will suggest that backup files before performing chkdsk /r /f, as when chkdsk try to repair the bad sector, data stored on that sector might be lost and it’s not recoverable.

Best Regards,

William

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, November 30, 2018 5:38 AM
  • Hi,

Was your issue resolved?

If you resolved it using our solution, please "mark it as answer" to help other community members find the helpful reply quickly.

If you resolve it using your own solution, please share your experience and solution here. It will be very beneficial for other community members who have similar questions.

If no, please reply and tell us the current situation in order to provide further help.

Best Regards,

William

Thursday, December 6, 2018 8:33 AM
  • Hi William,

Sorry for the delay, I've not resolved my issue yet, I'll try to check the raid status with DELL Server Administrator tool but I can not connect the server with the tool. I've try to explain my issue to the DELL Forum and I stand for a response :(

Your warning about chkdsk bad sector repair let me fearful. I have many Backup but the restore take very much time because the big size of the website, it is a big transactionnal website.

The error dont cause me a critical issues at this moment but I would like to resolved it.

If I resolve it later, I'm going to transposed my solution here.

Best regards,

Pier

Thursday, December 6, 2018 3:01 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for let me know the current progress.

If there is anything else we can do for you, please feel free to post in the forum.

Have a nice day.

Best Regards,

William

Monday, December 10, 2018 3:24 AM