none
Unable to login to partner website using IE9 and IE10 RRS feed

• Question

• The problem is that the site requires login with a user account that exists in the external organization, and I'm attempting to login from a computer that's a member in an ActiveDirectory domain.

When accessing the link to the site (https ://livelink.someorganization.com) I get a "Windows Security" dialog box asking for username and password.

So far so good, and I have a username and password for the site.

But the Dialog Box also includes my ActiveDirectory domain, which causes the login to fail.

And I haven't been able to find out how to get around this problem because:

1 I don't know the AD domain name in the external organization

2 I don't expect they want to broadcast that information outside their organization anyway.

If I login to the site using another browser, it works smoothly.

Because the login dialog only asks for username and password, and doesn't automaticly include my AD domain.

How can I get around this problem using IE?

I've tried from 4 different PCs, running Win 8 Pro x64 or Win 7 Pro x64, with IE 9 or IE 10.

Thanks

Friday, June 7, 2013 8:46 AM

All replies

• Hi CSSGT,

Is your username and password is legal for that site? Doesn’t include ActiveDirectory domain when you use other browser?

Please try to set  this site as a trusted sites

1. Click the Tools button, and then click Internet options.
    2. Click the Security tab.
    3. Now click on Trusted sites and then click on the sites button.
    4. Enter the Website URL and click on Add.
    5. When you are finished, click on Close.

Best regards,

Karen Hu

Tuesday, June 11, 2013 1:19 AM
  • Hi Karen, thanks for your answer.

No, my username (the one I use for logon to my computer) isn't legal for that site. The site belong to a partner Company, and they have provided a separate username for me for that site.
    It works fine if I use another browser than IE, and I believe it is because when using IE, a "Windows Security" Box appears and it includes my AD domain automatically.

It makes no difference if i add the site to trusted sites.

See screenshot IE (first) and Chrome (last):

In IE the AD domain is automatically included, which makes login impossible, but in Chrome, Opera etc it Works fine.
    But I find it difficult to believe that it is impossible to login to this kind of site using IE?

(I realise the screenshots are in norwegian, but they should illustrate the point).

Chrome

Friday, June 14, 2013 8:09 AM
  • Can someone answer this question - I'm having the same issue! Thanks.

Wednesday, November 6, 2013 8:09 PM