Display list and Task Items by name or title RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

Please could someone please help. I have customised Search in the following manner.

I have altered the title clawed property to have maps to

Basic 10, Basic:displaytitle, termTitle, office2,ows_basename,mail5,People:PreferredName,ows_title,basic9,title and Metadataextractor. The intent is to be able to get search result to display results in order of filename first before any other criteria.This works perfectly for all documents in document libraries. On the otherhand, when I search for a task, or any lists I get the list item result displayed as Disp.form.aspx or Allitems.aspx.

Please could someone who is really into search simplify the best way to make all list items display as actual title.It's a bit frustrating that most of the articles out there don't really cut it so I'll appreciate it if someone that really knows the ins and out offer some help.

Thanks,

Dominic

Wednesday, March 8, 2017 5:17 PM

All replies

• Hi,

What’s the meaning of “make all list items display as actual title”, “get the list item result displayed as Dispform.aspx or Allitems.aspx”?

Do you mean the hyperlink of the Title managed property value?

The reason why the URL is linked to DispForm page is that you need to access display form page to view items. The value of Title managed property in search results is real retrieved from title column.

Best Regards,

Dean Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Thursday, March 9, 2017 6:46 AM
  • Hi,

In your screen shot I regard the part that list the following to be the title;

1. The vmas template I recommend
    2. tt
    3. test

My issue is that where I'm meant to get results like about I'm getting dispform.aspx as results hence not know what the item is at a glance. When I click on the result item it correctly takes me to the item. Meaning I'm getting the right results.It just that the results are displayed wrongly.

Thanks,

Dominic

Thursday, March 9, 2017 7:43 AM