Windows update stuck at "checking for the latest updates for you computer on Exchange 2007 CA/HT servers
Doing monthly updates to Exchange 2007 servers. Both of the Mailbox servers updated fine. Both of the Client Access/Hub Transport Servers sit at the "Checking for the latest updates for your computer" screen (right after clicking on the custom button to check for updates). They have been checking for over 30 minutes now.
All the exchange servers are running Server 2003 R2 and are fully patched as of a month ago.
have tried rebooting
have tried disable-antispamupdates as suggested on another thread.
patched 30 other servers today with no problems
Disable-antispamupdates worked for me, however, I needed to kill the update services first.
I ended up setting them to disabled, making these changes then enabling it.
I removed the WuAuServ from the shared svchost and put it on it's own, this stopped the excessive cpu usage.
sc config wuauserv type= own
Then using the Exchange management shell disable-antispamupdates
After this I was able to restart the wuauserv and update the first machine.
The second machine required the same steps from above but I had to rename c:\windows\softwaredistribution to softwaredistribution.bak
After doing that, it took over an hour, but the system did finally pull updates from Microsoft.
It is windows update service error not exchange error.
1.Internet Explorer temporary files corrupted.
2. Background Intelligent and Event Log service not started
3. SoftwareDistribution folder has become corrupted
4. You may need to re-registered some dlls files
5. You may need to add Windows Update to the Trusted Sites Zone:
7. Third party programs running in background.You can get professional support from server forum
TechNet Community Support