none
HIS 2009 server installation using SCCM 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I would like to know if anyone have installed HIS 2009 server using SCCM 2007.

I have a Windows 2003 server virtual machine. I installed the HIS 2009 server on it manually and exported the customer configuration file. I did this to ensure that only the required components are installed. I have since uninstalled the HIS 2009 server.

I am now trying to install the HIS 2009 server using SCCM 2007. I am using the setup command as follows.

setup.exe /s "%CD%\HIS2009serverconfig.xml" /INSTALLDIR "C:\Program Files\Host Integration Server 2009" /L "c:\build\logs\HIS2009Install.log"

The XML config file is places in the same folder as the setup file. But the installation is not executing properly.

If anyone has completed a successful installation, kindly let me know the correct way to do it. Thanks.

Regards,

Kumaran R.

Monday, July 5, 2010 4:56 AM

Answers

• Hi Kumaran,

I'm using nearly the same script as you and it is working correctly in my environment. Can you please tell me what goes wrong ?

Here's an extract of my installation script :

CD /D "%INSTALL_DRIVE%\HIS2009"

start /wait setup.exe /s "%INSTALL_DRIVE%\HIS2009\HIS2009serverconfig.xml" /INSTALLDIR "C:\Program Files\Host Integration Server 2009" /L "c:\build\logs\HIS2009Install.log"

Best Regards,

Steve Melan - BCEE
    Monday, July 5, 2010 5:57 AM

All replies

• Hi Kumaran,

I'm using nearly the same script as you and it is working correctly in my environment. Can you please tell me what goes wrong ?

Here's an extract of my installation script :

CD /D "%INSTALL_DRIVE%\HIS2009"

start /wait setup.exe /s "%INSTALL_DRIVE%\HIS2009\HIS2009serverconfig.xml" /INSTALLDIR "C:\Program Files\Host Integration Server 2009" /L "c:\build\logs\HIS2009Install.log"

Best Regards,

Steve Melan - BCEE
    Monday, July 5, 2010 5:57 AM
  • Kumaran,

What output do you get in c:\build\logs\HIS2009Install.log ?

Neil Pike
    Monday, July 5, 2010 6:01 AM
  • Steve/Neil,

I ran the command on the machine manually. It threw the error message stating that the Logs directory is erraneous and asked to run the command again with the correct directory name. I checked the folders and found that the "logs" folder was missing. Once I created the folder, the Installation was successful.

But I am still not successful when trying installation using SCCM. I am working with a colleague on this. I will let you know if I find any success in the next few days.

Regards,

Kumaran R.

Monday, July 5, 2010 8:15 AM
  • Hi Kumaran,

Please always check if the directories exists in your script and verify that the technical installation user has all the rights to perform the operation !

Best Regards,

Steve Melan - BCEE
    Monday, July 5, 2010 8:20 AM
  • What's the difference in userid/rights between the SCCM user account and the user-account you used manually?
    Also check the environment variables you're using - e.g.%CD% - are available in the environment that the SCCM user account is using
    > I ran the command on the machine manually. It threw the error message stating that the Logs directory is erraneous and asked to run the command again with the correct directory name. I checked the folders and found that the "logs" folder was missing. Once I created the folder, the Installation was successful.
    >
    > But I am still not successful when trying installation using SCCM. I am working with a colleague on this. I will let you know if I find any success in the next few days.
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Kumaran R.

Neil Pike
    Monday, July 5, 2010 5:02 PM
  • Hi All,

Thanks for all your replies and support. Atlast I have the HIS 2009 deployed via SCCM.

It does not seem to be a User account issue, as our SCCM operates using the "System" account which has more privilages than any account I hold.

We are using a slightly different approach to installation now, by which I mean we are using a installer vbscript which uses the setup file for the installation.

The setup command in itself has not change much. The one we are using now is as follows.

setup.exe /s "%CD%\HIS2009serverconfig.xml" /INSTALLDIR "%Program Files%\Host Integration Server 2009" /L "c:\build\logs\HIS2009Install.log" /noreboot

My apologies for I am not giving you a solution which can be used in any environment. But I am glad that it works in our environment.

Once again thank you all.

Regards,

Kumaran R

Friday, July 9, 2010 7:35 AM
  • Kumaran - glad you're up and working!

Neil Pike
    Friday, July 9, 2010 9:35 PM