Applying computer settings RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

After I downloaded some high priority updates on my computer my computer and 3 other computers at my work are getting stuck on the "Applying Computer Settings" message when booting up windows. I've deleted the windows updates that I downloaded that week and set to ignore them but the problem still happens.
    All I see in system restore on the day this problem happened was that there was an installation of something called "software distribution service 3.0", I've looked for this program in add/remove programs with updates ticked but can't seem to find it anywhere.
    I am running windows xp SP3 and my PC is on a Network domain. 3 other PC's are having the same problem but other computers at work have installed updates and work fine.
    Can someone please help me?

Thanks
    Kyle
    Friday, June 3, 2011 2:04 PM

Answers

• This has been fixed on the 3 computers by taking the users off the domain and putting them back on.
    Monday, June 27, 2011 11:35 AM

All replies

• I'm not sure what you mean by software stack.

I've found out that if the network cable is not plugged into the computer it loads up straight away. It only gets stuck when it is connected to the network.

We've tried using different cables but it still has the same problem.

thanks

Tuesday, June 7, 2011 9:19 AM
  •  

Maybe this helps:

start your computer by using the Last Known Good Configuration feature in Windows XP

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307852/en-us

Tuesday, June 7, 2011 10:43 AM
  • This has been fixed on the 3 computers by taking the users off the domain and putting them back on.
    Monday, June 27, 2011 11:35 AM