Outlook 2010 Exchange 2016 Shared Calendar issue RRS feed

• Question

• Good morning folks

I have a ton of meeting rooms setup as resources in Exchange.  In my scenario, I add all 22 calendars to Outlook for easier viewing.  When I right-click on one of the calendars to bring up its properties, there is the description field.  Where is this data being pulled from?  The account in AD has the information as does the properties of that resource within Exchange when I set it up.  Does this field get pulled from a data source somewhere else that I need to populate?  I need all users to be able to see the data in this field as I'm using it to (or at least would like to use it to..) give detailed room information, # of seats, phone, pc, projector, etc...

Thanks for your help.

Tuesday, December 18, 2018 1:50 PM

All replies

• Hi cybaun,

>> When I right-click on one of the calendars to bring up its properties, there is the description field.  Where is this data being pulled from? 

Based on my research test, the description field of the calendar is stored in the mailbox and is not pulled from anywhere. It is not the same thing as the description field in AD either.

In order for the description field of room calendar to be seen by the other users, you can follow the steps below:

1. Grant yourself the full access permission of the room calendar, edit the Properties filed of the room calendar.
    2. Give the users reviewer permission of the root-level of the room mailbox and the calendar. 

However, as you only want the users to be able to see the information like the capacity, phone number, based on my experience, users can already see these information when selecting rooms:

Hope the above information can be helpful.

Regards,

Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, December 19, 2018 6:43 AM
  • Thank you for getting back to me. Unfortunately, that's not quite what I'm looking for.  That screen comes up when a user is searching for what calendar to add. 

What I am after is when a users has already added a calendar or in this case, multiple calendars, and wants to view the properties of each in the left hand column.  When you right-click on the already added calendar, the properties for that specific calendar come up.  There is a description field that is avail.  That is what I am after. 

I want to know where that information is pulled from.  That description needs to be global for every user who is trying to book a room and wants a quick glance at all resources that are avail. 

Do I have to take ownership of it and save my added information?  Once I do, will someone else be able to see that description?

Wednesday, December 19, 2018 7:32 PM
  • What I am after is when a users has already added a calendar or in this case, multiple calendars, and wants to view the properties of each in the left hand column.  When you right-click on the already added calendar, the properties for that specific calendar come up.  There is a description field that is avail.  That is what I am after. 

I want to know where that information is pulled from.  That description needs to be global for every user who is trying to book a room and wants a quick glance at all resources that are avail. 

Do I have to take ownership of it and save my added information?  Once I do, will someone else be able to see that description?

Hi cybaun,

Do you mean the description field in the image below?

If this is the case, then we are talking the same thing. As indicated in my earlier reply, you need to edit the desciption field of the calendar and give at least the reviewer permission of the root-level of the room mailbox to the users.

Regards,

Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Sunday, December 23, 2018 4:44 AM
  • Hi cybaun,

I am writing to see how everything is going on with the problem. If the reply above was useful, could you please help mark it as answer to close the thread? Thanks for your understanding and support.

Regards,

Yuki Sun

Monday, January 7, 2019 2:01 PM