none
i have recovery ID- i need bitlocker #s RRS feed

• Question

• I am a little frustrated. I have a recovery key ID, but cannot somehow find a bitlocker key. Can someone please, help me find one? I have been locked out of my laptop since dec 15th 2018. 

Really frustrated!

Munjalu

Wednesday, January 16, 2019 9:29 PM

All replies

• Hi Munjalu,

Thanks for posting your query here.

when we enable bitlocker, we will setup pin or password to be used at every startup. It will also give you three choices to store your recovery key. The recovery key ID can help us find the right recovery key.

1. Have you forgot your pin or password or what situation triggers this situation that windows asking for recovery key?  If i misunderstood, please feel free to correct me.

we can check this for finding your recovery key: 

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4026181/windows-10-find-my-bitlocker-recovery-key

2. please run command manage-bde -status c: to check the current encryption status.Please share the result.

manage-bde.exe -protectors -get c: will list the active protectors (however many are present on the volume), display Numerical Password ID's and the 48 digit password(s).

( "C" should be replaced by your encrypted drive)

Best regards,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, January 17, 2019 5:24 AM