Problem with adding exchange account to outlook 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• I recently loaded office 2013 on my new windows 10 laptop. Adding normal email accounts with a pop server works totally fine but the issue happens when I add my exchange account.

After I click on the outlook.exe there's a window that pops up saying 

"you must provide the name of your microsoft exchange server and mailbox etc. etc. Click ok if names have been checked.

After clicking OK I get the error

"cannot start microsoft outlook cannot open the outlook window the set of folders cannot be opened. The fuke C:Users\NAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\email.ost.file cannot be accessed. You must connect to Microsoft Exchange at least once before you can use your outlook data file."

I was told to remove profiles and start again but only came to the same conclusion.

Thursday, January 11, 2018 5:49 PM

All replies

• Hi Backlit,

It seems that there is something wrong with your current profile. I suggest you can try the following steps to fix the issue:

1. Close Outlook 2013 on Windows. Open Task Manager, make sure the Outlook.exe process has been ended.
    2. Go to Control Panel > Mail, click Show Profiles.
    3. Click Add to name a new profile.
    4. Fill in your Exchange account email address and password to setup account automatically.
    5. After finished account setup, set "When starting Microsoft Outlook, use this profile: Prompt for a profile to be used" in Mail window.
    6. Start Outlook app, select the new created profile to open.

Check if the issue can be fixed.

Best Regards,
    Winnie Liang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, January 12, 2018 7:41 AM
  • Hi,

I am checking the status of this issue. Do you have any update for it?

If my reply is helpful to this question, please remember to mark it as answer. Your action would be helpful to other users who encounter the same issue and read this thread. Thanks for your understanding. 

Best Regards,
    Winnie Liang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, January 24, 2018 9:31 AM
  • Problem with adding exchange account to outlook 2013, get easy and fast solution for your fault with the help of some simple process like Quit MS Outlook, Run ScanOST.exe etc. If you have any confusion related this error then you can take help to this article:

https://www.gaintools.com/blog/ost-file-is-in-use-and-cant-be-accessed/

Monday, November 26, 2018 4:11 AM