deploy performancepoint scorecard to a sharepoint site RRS feed

• Question

• I have created a scorecard using performancepoint dashboard designer, now I want to deploy it to the sharepoint site. I found the following link online:
    http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/help/HA102418591033.aspx
    Per the link, I published the scorecard, then when I clicked on Edit, I cannot find sharepoint site in order to open deploy dashboard wizard. I think I am missing something, probably integrating performance point with sharepoint. How can I do that? Please let me know. Thanks.

sqldev
    Saturday, November 14, 2009 5:26 PM

Answers

• Do you have a Document Library setup on the site at at to deploy the dashboard too?  You need to create a Document Library in SharePoint and also make sure you have the necessary permissions. 

Deploy a PerformancePoint dashboard to a SharePoint site (http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/help/HA102418591033.aspx)

To deploy a dashboard to a SharePoint site, you must have the appropriate permissions in Dashboard Designer and on the SharePoint Services site that you want to use:

• In Dashboard Designer   You must have at least Editor permissions in a user security role, or have one of the following server security roles: Creator, Data Source Manager, or Admin.
    • In SharePoint Services  You must have at least Contributor permissions on the SharePoint site that you want to use.

Alternatively you could simply create a page in SharePoint and add the Dashboard Viewer web part to connect to the PPS Repository to select and item to reference on the page.

Dan English's BI Blog
    Thursday, November 19, 2009 2:13 AM

All replies

• Please let me know. Thanks.

sqldev
    Sunday, November 15, 2009 12:32 PM
  • Do you have a SharePoint site setup?  Did you setup and deploy the web part to SharePoint during the configuration and install setup?  Have you created a dashboard in dashboard designer and have you deployed it or are you trying to add the web part to a page and then configure the PPS part to display?

I would make sure that you have gone through all of the necessary install steps first:

Installing Monitoring Server
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb838793.aspx

Then once you have done this you can then publish a dashboard in the dashboard designer and deploy it to either the Preview or SharePoint site to view the output or you can add the web part to an existing SharePoint site that you have configured to work with PPS and add a reference to the scorecard.
    Dan English's BI Blog
    Monday, November 16, 2009 12:10 PM
  • Here is what you need to do (in order):

- Install Monitoring Server on the WFE(s) where the sharepoint site sits
    - Apply PPS SP3
    - Run Monitoring Server Config
    - Install Dashboard Viewer for Sharepoint Services

Now you have PPS configured with SP site and you should be able to deploy the dashboard to SP site.

Also, you cannot deploy a scorecard, only a dashboard can be deployed to SP. So you will not see the option on the SC ribbon !

Hope this helps
    - Naveen

Tuesday, November 17, 2009 9:40 PM
  • Thanks, now I created dashboard and want to deploy to sharepoint. When I clicked on sharepoint site, I see 
    Deploy a dashboard to a sharepoint site wizard, and under specify the location, asking me to enter sharepoint site URL:
    When I enter the actual sharepoint url, it's not taking it as valid, as the Next button was still disabled, so what will the sharepoint site url be? 
    sqldev
    Wednesday, November 18, 2009 7:55 PM
  • Hi,

The URL is where the Dashboard Designer for SharePoint Services (DVSS) configured from Monitoring Server Configuration Manager.   Alternatively, if it is installed then navigate to Central Administration | Operations | Solutions Management | find pscwebparts.cab solution to which URL it is deployed.

Thank you,
    Sundar - MSFT

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Wednesday, November 18, 2009 8:54 PM
  • Since it is already installed, I went to

sharepoint Central Administration | Operations | Solution Management | pscwebparts.cab solution and
    under solution properties, I took the url that was showing under:
    Deployed to: http://domainname/

When I am using http://domainname/, even then the Next button(in the wizard of deploy to sharepoint site) does'nt get enabled. I do'nt know what I am missing here. Thanks.
    sqldev
    Wednesday, November 18, 2009 9:21 PM
  • Do you have a Document Library setup on the site at at to deploy the dashboard too?  You need to create a Document Library in SharePoint and also make sure you have the necessary permissions. 

Deploy a PerformancePoint dashboard to a SharePoint site (http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/help/HA102418591033.aspx)

To deploy a dashboard to a SharePoint site, you must have the appropriate permissions in Dashboard Designer and on the SharePoint Services site that you want to use:

• In Dashboard Designer   You must have at least Editor permissions in a user security role, or have one of the following server security roles: Creator, Data Source Manager, or Admin.
    • In SharePoint Services  You must have at least Contributor permissions on the SharePoint site that you want to use.

Alternatively you could simply create a page in SharePoint and add the Dashboard Viewer web part to connect to the PPS Repository to select and item to reference on the page.

Dan English's BI Blog
    Thursday, November 19, 2009 2:13 AM