Missing folder on a PC RRS feed

• Question

• hi,

i'm using Outlook 2019 in many clients but in one, the only that has the italian as language pack, i notice that under "inbox" some folders are missing. I can find them in another folder, called "posta in arrivo" (the english "inbox") but they are empty.

In all the other clients they are present under "inbox" and correctly dispaying mails.

How can i fix this issue?

Tuesday, January 21, 2020 10:17 AM

Answers

• Hi Andrea,

Please make sure you have upgraded your Outlook to the latest version.

What's the type of your account? POP, IMAP or Exchange? Please try exiting Outlook desktop client and see if the issue can be reproduced on the web mail.

>>  the only that has the italian as language pack

Are you using italian in your Outlook client? Or just have installed italian language pack but still use English?

How about using English in your Outlook client? Please also try uninstalling italian language pack and see if the issue contnues.(Restart Outlook client)

>>  I can find them in another folder, called "posta in arrivo" (the english "inbox") but they are empty.

Can the messages in these folders be searched?

In this situation, please close your Outlook client and press Win + R, type “outlook /resetfolders”, press Enter and see if there is any difference. You can also try "outlook /resetfoldernames".

If the issue persists, your profile may be corrupted, so it is also suggested to create and use a new Outlook profile via Control Panel > Mail > Show profile and see if there is any difference.

Hope this can be helpful.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, January 22, 2020 2:44 AM

All replies

• Hi Andrea,

Please make sure you have upgraded your Outlook to the latest version.

What's the type of your account? POP, IMAP or Exchange? Please try exiting Outlook desktop client and see if the issue can be reproduced on the web mail.

>>  the only that has the italian as language pack

Are you using italian in your Outlook client? Or just have installed italian language pack but still use English?

How about using English in your Outlook client? Please also try uninstalling italian language pack and see if the issue contnues.(Restart Outlook client)

>>  I can find them in another folder, called "posta in arrivo" (the english "inbox") but they are empty.

Can the messages in these folders be searched?

In this situation, please close your Outlook client and press Win + R, type “outlook /resetfolders”, press Enter and see if there is any difference. You can also try "outlook /resetfoldernames".

If the issue persists, your profile may be corrupted, so it is also suggested to create and use a new Outlook profile via Control Panel > Mail > Show profile and see if there is any difference.

Hope this can be helpful.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, January 22, 2020 2:44 AM
  • Hi,

Have you got the issue fixed?

I'm writing to see if the reply above is helpful to you. If yes, would you mind helping mark the reply as answer? So that others who might have a similar question can benefit from your thread? Thanks for your understanding and support.

Regards, 

Aidan Wang

Thursday, January 23, 2020 7:35 AM

• If the issue persists, your profile may be corrupted, so it is also suggested to create and use a new Outlook profile via Control Panel > Mail > Show profile and see if there is any difference.

That's the solution. Outlook didn't worked well after the language pack installation
    Saturday, January 25, 2020 10:58 AM
  • Hi Andrea,

I'm glad to see you have fixed your problem:)

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Monday, January 27, 2020 4:26 AM