none
Zoom feature on task side of a typical Gannt view RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Is there some way to view the task side of the Gannt view by using some kind-of zoom feature or any other way to get more fields to show on a view?

For years, we have had computers with 1920 x 1080 and have been using a particular view that showed everything the customer wanted to see on one single view.

Our corporation recently gave us new computers and the resolution is now 1366 x 768 and not all the fields can be shown now that they want to see and have been seeing for years.

I have tried to reduce the font on the task side but that doesn't help much at all.

Anyone have any suggestions other than creating different views? The customer would really like to keep viewing what they were viewing as it was very efficient going through everything with all fields showing so they could see all the correlations at the same time.

Thanks

Saturday, December 21, 2019 10:21 PM

Answers

• Short answer is no. Longer answer is, get a second monitor.
    • Marked as answer by Hotmail1 Sunday, December 22, 2019 4:45 PM
    Saturday, December 21, 2019 10:44 PM
  • Hotmail1,

Don't ya just hate it when corporate helps like that.

You mentioned that your corporation has new computers with lower resolution but does your customer also? Unless the customer's computers changed also, I would think they still can see all the fields, as long as they are active in the view.

However, to squeeze more fields in the view there are a few things you might consider. do you absolutely have to have the Gantt display? You might want to try the Task Sheet view as that gives the whole view to the task data.

Another option to consider is that any text field can utilize word wrap. It will take up more vertical space but maybe that is a viable tradeoff.

Do you display date and time in Date fields such as Start and Finish? If so, consider just displaying the date. Or if you use a long date format consider changing to a short date format.

I'd also review all the fields that you think you need. You may find that you are regularly showing fields that are not adding any useful information when doing the correlations.

Just a few ideas.

John

Sunday, December 22, 2019 1:59 AM

All replies

• Short answer is no. Longer answer is, get a second monitor.
    Saturday, December 21, 2019 10:44 PM
  • Hotmail1,

Don't ya just hate it when corporate helps like that.

You mentioned that your corporation has new computers with lower resolution but does your customer also? Unless the customer's computers changed also, I would think they still can see all the fields, as long as they are active in the view.

However, to squeeze more fields in the view there are a few things you might consider. do you absolutely have to have the Gantt display? You might want to try the Task Sheet view as that gives the whole view to the task data.

Another option to consider is that any text field can utilize word wrap. It will take up more vertical space but maybe that is a viable tradeoff.

Do you display date and time in Date fields such as Start and Finish? If so, consider just displaying the date. Or if you use a long date format consider changing to a short date format.

I'd also review all the fields that you think you need. You may find that you are regularly showing fields that are not adding any useful information when doing the correlations.

Just a few ideas.

John

Sunday, December 22, 2019 1:59 AM