Document Scanning RRS feed

• Question

• How can I scan documents to Windows 7 Professional?
    Thursday, November 17, 2011 6:19 PM

Answers

• All the scanners, including copier combos, all have a utility for scanning without any additional software.  I use an Epson scanner and it has a utility called EPSON Scan.  And, most scanner will have an integrated scan capability with some programs.  Windows 7 has a Windows Fax and Scan utility.  I think Office Picture Manager was dropped in Office 2007.

What is the model of you HP unit?  There should be some utility software from HP to use with it.  I know the on my uncle has came with scanning software.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Leo Huang Friday, November 25, 2011 7:31 AM
    Thursday, November 17, 2011 9:30 PM

All replies

• 1st:  you need a scanner connected to your system.

2nd: you need to install the scanner drivers.

3rd: you need scanning software.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Thursday, November 17, 2011 6:46 PM
  • Thanks for the response & I was hoping for clarification on a few issues.  First, I have a HP printer, scanner, copier combo & I have installed the driver from the HP site & everything else is working fine.  Second, what do you mean when you stated "you need scanning software?"  On my home computer & my previous employer, it was automatic in Microsoft Office Picture Manager.  I could just click on import documents (or similar) & the next thing I knew it was on my start menu for future use.  The only difference is that previously I was on Windows XP & currently we are on Windows 7 Professional.
    • Edited by DonS9914 Thursday, November 17, 2011 9:23 PM
    Thursday, November 17, 2011 8:34 PM
  • All the scanners, including copier combos, all have a utility for scanning without any additional software.  I use an Epson scanner and it has a utility called EPSON Scan.  And, most scanner will have an integrated scan capability with some programs.  Windows 7 has a Windows Fax and Scan utility.  I think Office Picture Manager was dropped in Office 2007.

What is the model of you HP unit?  There should be some utility software from HP to use with it.  I know the on my uncle has came with scanning software.

• Marked as answer by Leo Huang Friday, November 25, 2011 7:31 AM
    Thursday, November 17, 2011 9:30 PM