none
How do I Restore Backup files from DVD after Reinstalling my Windows 7 Operating System (XP 64-bit Desktop): Problem With Backup Catalog (0x810000E3) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I had a BSOD stop error that necessitated a full factory reinstall of my 2010 Windows XP Operating System. All of my partitions were corrupted and no longer exist. I also had Dell replace the original motherboard with an identical one. I did a system backup onto three DVDs first but now cannot transfer the backup files from DVD onto my restored PC. The DVD discs are clearly full but the Backup and Restore function cannot recognise and/or will not open or transfer the files. Oddly, the Restore function did recreate all of my old file headings and windows explorer favourites successfully, but all of the files are empty and no data has come across. Using the "discmgmt.msc" command I can see that the DVD is full and contains all of my files...I just can't transfer them. I also tried using the Windows Easy Transfer function to no avail. I read something on this site about using the old NT Backup Restore Utility but have not tried that yet as it seems to be predominantly for Vista issues and I am reluctant to download anything these days.  Help! How do I Restore my XP Backup data from my DVD to Windows 7? The error message reads: "There is a problem with the backup catalog. Restore from a different backup or create new, full backup 0x810000E". Of course, this is my only backup source and my old operating system has been erased to original factory condition so it is impossible to create a new full backup.  

Thanks

Panacea Windows XP
    Friday, January 21, 2011 12:51 AM

Answers

All replies