Authentication Tab does not appear even "Wired Autoconfig" has started RRS feed

• Question

• There's this Windows Services called "Wired Autoconfig", it is used to enable 802.1x authentication for the servers. However, even I had enabled and get the service to start, the "Authentication Tab" is not appearing on the Network Adapter Properties window. This problem only affects 1 of my Windows Server 2012 R2 servers.

- I had created a GPO to enable use Windows Wired Autoconfig service for Clients. All other servers managed to have the Authentication Tab but not on this particular server.

- When I run RSoP, the Wired Network Policy did inherit from the GPO I created, however on the Security Tab, the "Select a network authentication method" and "Authentication Mode" were different from the GPO settings, it uses Guest Authentication instead of Computer Authentication that is set on the GPO. I am not sure whether this is part of the cause for the "Authentication Tab" not appearing.

- Previously when I had the Symmantec Endpoint Protection, the "Authentication Tab" was there, only until when I uninstalled it, the Authentication Tab then disappear.

I would like to know how do I get the "Authentication Tab" back on this particular server.

I have found a similar thread but is stated 4 years ago, I am not sure whether it can fix my problem. https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/1c8ba064-690c-4377-bb3c-978537fec1a9/authentication-tab-missing-under-adapter-settings

• Edited by GhJei Tuesday, August 11, 2015 8:30 AM
    Tuesday, August 11, 2015 4:43 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Please make sure that the Wired Autoconfig service is running on your Windows Server 2012 R2.

If issue persists, please try to restart the Wired Autoconfig service.

If the restart doesn't work, please try to run the dism to check if any system file is corrupt on the server.

When the fix is finished, please reboot the server.

For detailed information, please refer to the link below:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/947821

Best Regards.

Steven Lee Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Steven_Lee0510 Tuesday, September 8, 2015 8:15 AM
    • Marked as answer by Steven_Lee0510 Tuesday, September 8, 2015 2:37 PM
    Tuesday, August 18, 2015 3:20 AM