none
Failed to build OLAP cube: Permission error RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am running Proj Server 2007 and have the OLAP Cube to process to run nightly at 11 pm.  We are now receiving daily errors after the run, as shown below.  I can manually build the cube process and it will be successful.  However, it is intermittent.  Sometimes it will fail and I'll do it again and it will work.  Other times it works on first attempt.  Does anyone know of any config that could be causing this?  Is it possible that something else is active while this is building and is unable to delte the OLAP database?

===== Process Completed =====

[9/21/2010 11:01 PM] Failed to build the OLAP cubes. Error: Analysis Services session failed with the following error: Failed to delete the Olap database: Analysis Services Repository. Error: Your permissions on the server computer do not allow you to administer this Analysis server.

Thursday, September 23, 2010 3:26 PM

Answers

• Hello Mr. Hickey

I am not sure why this problem is intermitant. However, oo answer another part of your question, if someone opens the OLAP cube using SQL BI Visual Studio, they can view and look at the dimensions, measures and cubes.  This is OK.  Great way to understand more about the data. However, if they process or rebuild the cube using VS, then it will break project server processing. 

CHeers!

Michael Wharton, MBA, PMP, MCT

Sincerely, Michael Wharton, MBA, PMP, MCT, MCSD, MCSE+I, MCDBA www.WhartonComputer.com
    Thursday, September 23, 2010 7:06 PM

All replies