none
Can I force DHCP to delete the old scopes leases assigned to them when my devices obtain a new lease from the DHCP? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello every body, thanks in advance for your help, my question is if can I force DHCP to delete the old scopes leasings assigned to my PC's when my Pc's obtain a new lease from the DHCP?

I need to accomplish that because the DNS records on my DNS are being overwrite for IP address leasings assigned in previous days to the same device or PC, and also when I run IPCONFIG /REGISTERDNS to update that DNS record with the current IP address, then, after 15 or 20 minutes the old lease overwrite the DNS record with the current lease and IP address with the old lease again, and if I run again the command it overwrite it again after some minutos, it only stops when I delete the old lease from the DHCP.

If anybody knows why this behavior of the DHCP or knows  how to delete the previous leasings assigned to the same device in the DHCP, so, I would be very grateful.

Regards

Felxs

Felx

Thursday, August 3, 2017 7:52 AM

All replies

• Hi Felx,

Based on the specific situation, we need do more researches. If we have any updates or any thoughts about this issue, we will keep you posted as soon as possible. Your kind understanding is appreciated. If you have further information during this period, you could post it on the forum, which help us understand and analyze this issue comprehensively.
    Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding and patience.

Besides, could you please use network capture tools to capture some packages for further troubleshooting?

Best Regards,

Candy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, August 7, 2017 5:26 AM
  • Candy, thank you very much for your answer, i try to get more info about this issue, I update this thread as soon as possible. Thanks again

Regards

Felx

Felx

Tuesday, August 8, 2017 7:15 AM