Installing agent after importing Exchange management packs RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I would like to know what consequences will be there if I install the agent after importing the exchange 2007 management pack.? As per the guide we need to install the agents before importing the exchange management pack.

I beleive only issues will be the delay in discovery if I import the management pack before installing the agents. Other than this there will be any issues?

Thanks,

Sarav

Thanks, Sarav
    Monday, April 18, 2011 5:53 PM

Answers

• This does not matter Sarav. You can just push out the agent to that server and it will run discoveries and find exchange as well (just follow the rest of the steps in the mp guide). After you install the scom agent you can find the agent in the admin pane of the scom console and you can click the properties of that agent and set the proxy checkbox. SO no problems installing an agent afterwards (just like you are free to install new servers in your network afterwards :-) Good luck Sarav.
    Bob Cornelissen - BICTT (My BICTT Blog)
    • Proposed as answer by Marc Klaver Tuesday, April 19, 2011 1:13 PM
    • Marked as answer by Vivian Xing Thursday, April 28, 2011 8:35 AM
    Monday, April 18, 2011 6:13 PM
  • Hi,

As far as I know, there is no problem installing agent after the MP.

I also would like to share the following information regarding Exchange 2007 MP:

http://www.msexchange.org/articles_tutorials/exchange-server-2007/monitoring-operations/monitoring-exchange-2007-system-center-operations-manager-2007-part1.html

Hope it helps.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Tuesday, April 19, 2011 8:10 AM

All replies

• This does not matter Sarav. You can just push out the agent to that server and it will run discoveries and find exchange as well (just follow the rest of the steps in the mp guide). After you install the scom agent you can find the agent in the admin pane of the scom console and you can click the properties of that agent and set the proxy checkbox. SO no problems installing an agent afterwards (just like you are free to install new servers in your network afterwards :-) Good luck Sarav.
    Bob Cornelissen - BICTT (My BICTT Blog)
    • Proposed as answer by Marc Klaver Tuesday, April 19, 2011 1:13 PM
    Monday, April 18, 2011 6:13 PM
  • Hi,

As far as I know, there is no problem installing agent after the MP.

I also would like to share the following information regarding Exchange 2007 MP:

http://www.msexchange.org/articles_tutorials/exchange-server-2007/monitoring-operations/monitoring-exchange-2007-system-center-operations-manager-2007-part1.html

Hope it helps.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Tuesday, April 19, 2011 8:10 AM