Outlook 2016 Crashes RRS feed

• Question

• I installed outlook 2016 on a new dell latitude lap top and if i click on a email with an attachment, or I try to go to the calendar, it crashes.  Any ideas how to fix this?   
    Tuesday, July 30, 2019 7:31 PM

All replies

• What's the detailed version of Outlook? Please install available updates to test the results.

This could also be related with corrupted data files. Please refer to the steps in this article to repair data files.

What’s more, please try starting Outlook in safe mode and see whether this issue continues. This helps eliminate if the problem is related to any third party add-ins. To do this, please exit Outlook, press Win key + R to open the Run command, type outlook /safe, press Enter.

Please also have a look at Event Viewer when the issue occurs and see if any fault module will be recorded there so that we can do more research.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Thursday, August 1, 2019 7:57 AM
    Wednesday, July 31, 2019 2:40 AM
  • Hi,

I'm wondering if there are anything else I can do for you. Can Outlook be opened normally?

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Thursday, August 1, 2019 7:57 AM