none
Windows 8.1 explorer.exe DOES NOT show all drive mappings over VPN - explorer.exe crashes sometimes

Question

• We have started seeing this issue with our new deployments of Windows 8.1 - we have around 7 drive mappings pointing to a n EMC NAS (VNX7600) and although I can access all drive4s if I drop to the command prompt -windows explorer FAILS to display all mapped drives. We see this issue over the VPN which would indicate this issue is somewhat related to network latency and Windows Explorer trying to enumerate and display all pertinent info such as free/used disk space.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thursday, October 01, 2015 6:00 PM

Answers

• Hi,

According to your description, I understand that Windows 8.1 client cannot show all drive mappings for network drivers, also it might be crashed.
    If I misunderstand your concern, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Would you please post relevant event log for further troubleshooting?

Please install Windows update and all device drivers to latest version, if this issue persists, try below steps to test:
    1. Start > Run > type "gpedit.msc" (without quotes) click OK.
    2. Local Computer Policy > Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > System > Logon > Always wait for the network at computer startup and logon.
    3. Set it to Enable then reboot.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Allen Wang
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, October 02, 2015 8:00 AM