Exchange Server 2003 Monitoring RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi,

I read the Exchange Server 2003 Management Pack Guide, I updated the MP on my SCE Box and ran the Exchange MP Configuration Wizard on my Back-End Server.

I can see a lot of performance counters on the SCE Box regarding Exchange, I can browse the Topology too but I'm not able to retrieve Mail Flow Performance Data nor MAPI Logon Latency.

There are some errors on the "Operations Manager" event log on the Exchange Server:

A module reported an error 0x80004005 from a callback which was running as part of rule "Microsoft.Exchange.ServerRole.2003.ClientRPCFailedOther.Collection" running for instance "MyExBox" with id:"{03DC13C2-49AE-57DA-37F6-3DB0C6C9C8B8}" in management group "MySCEBox_MG".

A module reported an error 0x80004005 from a callback which was running as part of rule "Microsoft.Exchange.ServerRole.2003.ClientRPCFailesSec.Collection" running for instance "MyExBox" with id:"{03DC13C2-49AE-57DA-37F6-3DB0C6C9C8B8}" in management group "MySCEBox_MG".

Any ideas regarding these issues?

Many thanks in advance,

Simone

Thursday, November 8, 2007 8:26 AM

Answers

• Hi Simone,

Have you encountered any error when importing the Exchange Server 2003 MP to the SCE server or during the Exchange MP configuration Wizard?

I suggest you delete the current Exchange MP and re-import it again. However, at this time, we also need to make sure the related monitor function is enabled correctly in the Authoring control console. Please follow the detailed steps as below to modified the override settings to enable the monitor functions:

1.    Open the SCE console, navigate to "Authoring" pane.

2.    Select "Management Pack Objects" – "Monitors" – "Exchange mail flow".

3.    Expand "Entity Health" – "Availability" – "Exchange Mail Flow Monitor(Receiver Part)".

4.    Right click "Exchange Mail Flow Monitor(Receiver Part)", select "Overrides" – "Override the monitor" – "For all objects of  type: Exchange Mail Flow".

5.    Click the checkbox beside "Enable" on the left, and change the override settings from "False" to "True".

6.    Click "Apply", click "OK".

7.    Repeat step 2 to 6 for "Exchange Mail Flow Monitor(Sender Part)"(and other monitor target like MAPI logon Latency).

8.    Wait for a moment and go back to Monitoring to check the Exchange components monitor status again.

After that, please restart SCE server and check it again.

If the issue still persists and there is still no data , please send a screenshot to us at: SCEDATA@microsoft.com. which indicates there is no data/information for Exchange mornitoring.

NoteStick out tonguelease include the following three lines in the email body:

http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/ShowPost.aspx?postid=2381854&siteid=17
    Robbin Meng - MSFT

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,
    Robbin Meng
    Microsoft Online Community Support

Friday, November 9, 2007 9:46 AM

All replies

• Hi Simone,

Have you encountered any error when importing the Exchange Server 2003 MP to the SCE server or during the Exchange MP configuration Wizard?

I suggest you delete the current Exchange MP and re-import it again. However, at this time, we also need to make sure the related monitor function is enabled correctly in the Authoring control console. Please follow the detailed steps as below to modified the override settings to enable the monitor functions:

1.    Open the SCE console, navigate to "Authoring" pane.

2.    Select "Management Pack Objects" – "Monitors" – "Exchange mail flow".

3.    Expand "Entity Health" – "Availability" – "Exchange Mail Flow Monitor(Receiver Part)".

4.    Right click "Exchange Mail Flow Monitor(Receiver Part)", select "Overrides" – "Override the monitor" – "For all objects of  type: Exchange Mail Flow".

5.    Click the checkbox beside "Enable" on the left, and change the override settings from "False" to "True".

6.    Click "Apply", click "OK".

7.    Repeat step 2 to 6 for "Exchange Mail Flow Monitor(Sender Part)"(and other monitor target like MAPI logon Latency).

8.    Wait for a moment and go back to Monitoring to check the Exchange components monitor status again.

After that, please restart SCE server and check it again.

If the issue still persists and there is still no data , please send a screenshot to us at: SCEDATA@microsoft.com. which indicates there is no data/information for Exchange mornitoring.

NoteStick out tonguelease include the following three lines in the email body:

Robbin Meng - MSFT

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,
    Robbin Meng

Friday, November 9, 2007 9:46 AM
    Robbin Meng - MSFT

Thank you Robbin.

It seems it's ok now, thank you!

Simone

Friday, November 9, 2007 11:13 AM
  • Hi Simone,

Thank you for your response and I am glad to know the issue has been resolved. If there is any SCE related questions in the future, please feel free to post it here. J

Thanks again.

Sincerely,
    Robbin Meng

Monday, November 12, 2007 3:30 AM
  • I need to bring this thread back up as I ran the exchange configuration as well as the monitor enable functions as above, but now my SCE server is running sqlserver at 99 % and it takes forever just to do anything in SCE. Is there something i did wrong as i followed the steps exactly as stated?

Friday, December 7, 2007 5:59 PM
  •  

Hi,

Thank you for your information.

Based on tests and experience, However, I believe modifing the "Exchange Mail Flow Monitor" etc. monitoring will not affect SQL process to cosume more CPU or RAM on SCE server.

Here is an exact same issue and you may try the steps listed.

SQLSERVR 99% CPU
    http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1650545&SiteID=17

SQL Problems on the SCE server
    http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2302652&SiteID=17

However if the issue still persists, you are also welcome to submit this issue on our related SQL Server Forum and that should be a good resource for this:

SQL Server TechNet forum:
    http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/default.aspx?ForumGroupID=93&SiteID=17

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,
    Robbin Meng

Monday, December 10, 2007 11:22 AM