none
UAG FileAccess and support for iPad RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have configured UAG and FileAccess application in it. I can access with my iPad to the portal and open FileAccess application. I can also see all the files in my home directory with iPad.

The issue is that I cannot open any of those files from the directory (pdf, html, jpg). Does any of you have this working or information if this is supported or not?

BR, TommiK

Tuesday, January 3, 2012 8:20 AM

All replies

• Hi,

i have a similar Problem. I can´t see the File Access Application on my iPad. The Setting for Premium Mobile Access for the File Access Applications is greyed out.

what have you do to see the application on iPad ?

Viele Grüße Carsten
    Wednesday, January 4, 2012 8:17 AM
  • Hi,

See this entry

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/forefrontedgeiag/thread/6184bac9-c743-419b-b660-1abdd7e16442

This is how you can set the settings for the application. You can enter the application like this, but still at least I cannot open any documents in fileshare.

BR, TommiK

Wednesday, January 4, 2012 8:19 AM
  • Hi,

thanks, I try it and tell you the result ;)

Viele Grüße Carsten
    Wednesday, January 4, 2012 9:07 AM
  • Hi,

now i see the file share application ;)

but i can only see the first folder level and have the same problem. i cannot open files or folders ...

The UAG-Logs have no errors ... I think it´s a problem from iPad, or from Safari Browser ...

Viele Grüße Carsten
    Wednesday, January 4, 2012 10:12 AM
  • OK

I test the access with Safari 5 from my windows 7 PC. In this case, file access have the same problem. I can´t open files ....

Viele Grüße Carsten
    Wednesday, January 4, 2012 10:55 AM
  • Sorry with safari 5 on my pc it works ...   the problem is the ipad ...

Viele Grüße Carsten
    Wednesday, January 4, 2012 11:32 AM
  • I find out, that the acces worked, when you type the path in the adressbar ....

Viele Grüße Carsten
    Wednesday, January 4, 2012 11:46 AM
  • Hi!

I got the same problem. Has anybody figured out a way to open files from ipad/iphone ?

Or maby somebody got some information if this is something that would be added later ? Microsoft..?

Regards, Remi

Wednesday, April 11, 2012 12:24 PM
  • Hi,

Unfortunately I have got no information from anywhere for this, so we needed to postpone using iPad and Fileaccess.

BR, TommiK

Wednesday, April 11, 2012 4:00 PM
  • Same problem here.... Any sollutions allready???
    Friday, June 1, 2012 1:49 PM
  • Hi I think they make product using the best software development programming, so I think you will find special settings what you need.
    • Edited by Danbi Friday, June 1, 2012 5:58 PM
    Friday, June 1, 2012 2:16 PM
  • Have you allready found a sollution? I've got the same problem. The new Safari on my pc also doesn;t open files or folders. The worst thing is that it won;t open anything on iPads or Android devices. It must be a browser compatability problem...
    Monday, June 4, 2012 6:06 AM
  • I realize this post is old, but does anybody have an update on this?  I can get into the FileShare app with an iPad but cannot click on any folders or files in the right pane to open them.

Server 2008 R2 SP1 with Forefront UAG 2010 SP3 Update 1

Thursday, October 17, 2013 4:33 PM