none
Technet.com not displaying correct in IE RRS feed

• Question

• Hi!

When using technet.com, I'm not able to see content correct in Internet Explorer or Edge.

Example: Search for a powershell command at technet.com, like "New-Mailbox"

Scroll down to "Parameters" and you will find a table with 4 columns. The "Description" column to the right doesn't show up. But when I try Google Chrome, It shows everything nice formatted. Really Microsoft?

Wednesday, November 2, 2016 10:44 AM

Answers

• Hi Trond Jenssen,

Thank you for your reply.

I have check the issue again as we discussed. When the page has four columns, it would not display the “Description” column. If the page has three or two columns, it would display normally. I also test it with others computers and other command “get-mailbox”. It has the same result. So for the page, the IE has a normal display for technet.com. It related to the background code of the browser. If the page has four columns, we could use the scroll bar to see the “Description” column.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, November 15, 2016 9:47 AM

All replies

• The "Description" column to the right doesn't show up.

If your monitor isn't wide enough you will have a horizontal scrollbar in that section.  Unfortunately the scrollbar is not obvious when you are at the top.  Another option which may help is to retract the TOC (on the left).  Then you may at least see content from the right-most column peeking out.

FYI

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Wednesday, November 2, 2016 11:47 PM
    Answerer
  • Hi Trond Jenssen,

As Robert said, we could scroll to the bottom to check if there is scrollbar.

Also we could press Ctrl and slide your mouse scroll wheel to change the size of the page.

If the issue still insists, to help you better, you could send IE and Chrome screenshots in your reply.

Hope it will be helpful to you

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, November 3, 2016 2:12 AM
  • Hi Trond Jenssen,

Haven't received your message a few days, was your issue resolved?
    I am proposing previous helpful replies as "Answered". Please feel free to try it and let me know the result. If the reply is helpful, please remember to mark it as answer which can help other community members who have same questions and find the helpful reply quickly.
    Best regards,
    Carl Fan

Thursday, November 10, 2016 9:55 AM
  • Hi,

and thank you so much for your replies. I can see the scroll bar, but it seems strange IE won't show the whole table when in full screen and also zoomed out quite a lot, see attached file. When zooming out, the table is fixed and you will only get more whtespaces. Please go to technet.com, search for an Exchange command, like new-mailbox and see how "parameters" table displays.

Regards
    Trond Jenssen

Thursday, November 10, 2016 10:32 AM
  • Please go to technet.com, search for an Exchange command, like new-mailbox and see how "parameters" table displays.

[https://technet.microsoft.com/library/aa997663(v=exchg.160).aspx]

Try this procedure:  with the TOC on, click on the New-Mailbox item; hide the TOC; notice a sub-TOC on the right; click on Input Types (next section after the Parameters--the one you want to scroll sideways); click the scrollbar and then click the Parameters section.  The Description field then is shown.

So that procedure may be needed if you only have a conventional two button mouse.  I'm actually using a Touch screen and can scroll sideways with a two-finger swipe.  I suspect if I had a mouse with Middle-click I could also use that.  I would agree that we have to know or anticipate the need for doing this to see the part of the document you are interested in seeing.  In fact, provided I use my first suggestion--hiding the TOC, I get a clear indication that there is more content on the right anyway.

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Thursday, November 10, 2016 5:45 PM
    Answerer
  • Hi Trond Jenssen,

Thank you for your reply.

I have check the issue again as we discussed. When the page has four columns, it would not display the “Description” column. If the page has three or two columns, it would display normally. I also test it with others computers and other command “get-mailbox”. It has the same result. So for the page, the IE has a normal display for technet.com. It related to the background code of the browser. If the page has four columns, we could use the scroll bar to see the “Description” column.

Tuesday, November 15, 2016 9:47 AM
  • Hi Carl Fan

And thank you for your help. Good to know it is a browser issue.

Best regards
    Trond

Tuesday, November 15, 2016 10:12 AM