none
Support for the Java Plugin RRS feed

• Question

• I am a music technologist. I have been working on my web automatic musical accompaniment system since 2011. The system is delivered as a java applet. However, as you know,, JAVA is facing security issues  in browsers and chrome, for example, stopped supporting java. Fortunately, Internet Explorer has not done this yet.  My question: will Internet Explorer keep supporting  the JAVA plugin for a long time? If yes, what is the minimum time? 1, 2, 3 or more years?

If not, what is the maximum time, in years, by which Internet Explorer will stop support JAVA.

Thanks in advance,,,

Monday, July 13, 2015 4:45 AM

Answers

• Hi,
    your probably looking at about anther 5 years declining usage for IE11. Java JRT applets are already depreciated in html5 (use Object elements instead). The IE Immersive and Microsoft Edge browsers are plugin and addon free already and do not support(run) applets. Chromium depreciated applets earlier this year. The industry trend is towards plugin and addon free userAgents with native support for features such as video and audio. Your upgrade strategy should include HMTL5 for web based apps.

These are peer to peer support forums. I do not work for nor represent MS.

Questions regarding Internet Explorer 8, 9 and 10 and Internet Explorer 11 for the IT Pro Audience. Topics covered are: Installation, Deployment, Configuration, Security, Group Policy, Management questions. If you are a consumer looking for answers or to raise a question, it's highly recommended you head on over to http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us

Rob^_^

Monday, July 13, 2015 5:01 AM