none
MS Project 2016 Std not responding after some time running RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

To process successfully the installation of MS Visio 2016 I had to uninstall then reinstall MS Project 2016. Since then MS Project 2016 is hanging at some point after starting, after about 15-30 minutes running even if the app stays in the background doing no activity. This is a real pain and really disrupt my work with MS Project (almost useless as I loose my work all the time).

Application is going unresponsive, if I close the app it prompt me with the pop up window to choose to restart the program or wait on it.

Also when I close MS Project 2016 (when not hanging), a process WINPROJ.EXE is still running and I can not start again the program without ending manually the process from the Task Manager.

Any help is really welcome.

Best regards,
    David

Friday, April 28, 2017 8:24 AM

Answers

All replies

• Have you updated project with latest updates? If not, do so. No point wasting time if the problem was fixed months ago.

Try a repair of MS Project

Rod Gill
    Author of the one and only Project VBA Book and VBA developer.
    www.project-systems.co.nz

• Marked as answer by David-GT Monday, May 1, 2017 11:43 AM
    Sunday, April 30, 2017 5:17 AM
  • Yes  Project was up-to-date with the latest patches. I launched a repair last Friday and MS project has run already for 5 hours today without any crash. Seems enough to fix the issue. Thanks for your support.
    Monday, May 1, 2017 11:42 AM