none
My Work Details View Editing RRS feed

• Question

• Does anyone know if it is possible to edit the My Work Details view in Project Online. I was working with a customer where they wanted this page, revealed when you click on a Tasks name in the Tasks view, to include additional information derived from Custom Fields - we managed to create Task fields that Roll Down to Assignments and have got this information showing in the details display - however there does not appear to be any way to specify how big the "text box" is that displays this information. 

As they are looking to have the Project Name showing at this point and some of their project names are quite long we are not able to see all of the text that is held in this custom field when displayed in this view.

Does anyone know if it is possible to edit this display?

With good wishes,

Dominic

Microsoft Project Evangelist

Twitter:   LinkedIn:    Web:   

Thursday, November 10, 2016 7:43 PM

Answers

• Hi Dominic,

As far as I know, this task details view cannot be customized easily; It would require custom code or creating a custom report showing information needed by the customer.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller

• Marked as answer by Dominic Moss Friday, November 11, 2016 9:39 AM
    Friday, November 11, 2016 7:38 AM

All replies

• Hi Dominic,

As far as I know, this task details view cannot be customized easily; It would require custom code or creating a custom report showing information needed by the customer.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller

• Marked as answer by Dominic Moss Friday, November 11, 2016 9:39 AM
    Friday, November 11, 2016 7:38 AM
  • Hi Guillaume,

I thought this would be the case - perhaps something for the Roadmap!

Once again thanks for your advice and wisdom.

With good wishes,

Dominic

Microsoft Project Evangelist

Twitter:   LinkedIn:    Web:   

Friday, November 11, 2016 9:39 AM