none
Performance Point and Proclarity - Issues, Questions, Frustration RRS feed

• Question

• 1).  I have been having problems with PPS filters that are used against a proclarity chart.  Apparently there is a limit on the POST and GET length when the filters are passed to the chart.  This same issue does not appear when using a PPS analytics chart.   Has anyone come up with a work around for the limitation on the filters (besides creating named sets)?

2)  Will there be enhancements to the charting in Performance point?  If so, when.  The problem is that the charting is terribly limited to what you can do.  I can't even make a horizontal chart with the PPS Analytics chart.  I can't have a combination chart (bars and lines), there is no area chart, etc.  At this point it would almost be better to use Dundas Olap or ChartFx with the Olap extension to create the ASPx pages and serve them to Sharepoint.

Friday, January 9, 2009 7:45 PM

Answers

• Would need to know how much you are sending to ProClarity for the filter or at least see an example to try and reproduce to test.  I haven't run into any issues yet, but I am not using a multi-select tree at all.

As far as analytical charts you can get a bar and line combo chart, Creating a Second Y-Axis on an Analytic Chart, and if you are looking for Area charts you could use SSRS 2008 or Excel 2007 to incorporate some other nice options or get at other charting capabilities that currently are not available in the analytical charts.

I do understand the frustrations and this is v1 of the product.  Hopefully in v2 we will see some really nice enhancements.  Can't guarantee anything like the following - http://www.joinmicrosofteurope.com/TreemapDemo/, but you never know.

Dan English's BI Blog
    • Marked as answer by AseemN Monday, February 16, 2009 8:13 PM
    Friday, January 9, 2009 10:23 PM