how do i create my lync account RRS feed

• Question

• hi there please help me to create my lync account
    Monday, June 1, 2015 4:52 PM

Answers

• Your Lync administrator must provision your account.  You cannot self-provision.  Lync is administered locally by the Lync adminisrator  or delegated members of CS-UserAdministrator group.  In the cloud, the Office365 admin does this.

Lync isn't like AIM, Hotmail, Outlook.com, Gmail, etc where you choose username (e.g. Most_Interesting_Man@mydomain.com) - it's integrated into Active Directory and assigned by a Lync Administrator

BTW, welcome to the forums...

• Edited by Greg Seeber Monday, June 1, 2015 5:01 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Georg Thomas Monday, June 1, 2015 8:08 PM
    • Marked as answer by Eric_YangK Sunday, June 14, 2015 1:04 PM
    Monday, June 1, 2015 4:58 PM

All replies

• Your Lync administrator must provision your account.  You cannot self-provision.  Lync is administered locally by the Lync adminisrator  or delegated members of CS-UserAdministrator group.  In the cloud, the Office365 admin does this.

Lync isn't like AIM, Hotmail, Outlook.com, Gmail, etc where you choose username (e.g. Most_Interesting_Man@mydomain.com) - it's integrated into Active Directory and assigned by a Lync Administrator

BTW, welcome to the forums...

• Edited by Greg Seeber Monday, June 1, 2015 5:01 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Georg Thomas Monday, June 1, 2015 8:08 PM
    • Marked as answer by Eric_YangK Sunday, June 14, 2015 1:04 PM
    Monday, June 1, 2015 4:58 PM
  • Hi yugundher,

Microsoft Lync Server is an enterprise real-time communications server. The Lync client is used to connect Lync Server. The Lync client is only meant to be used with a Lync Server (hosted in a corporate environment) or an account hosted on Office 365 with Lync functionality enabled. After you doing that you can create a user on Lync Server and login to Lync Server with Lync client.

If you are not the Lync Administrator, please contact your IT Support for assistance.

Best regards,

Eric

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, June 2, 2015 2:47 AM