none
OneNote Migration failing to create "one note" top level folder - even with OneNote Setting turned on RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to use the migration tool to migrate 75GB worth of OneNote documents from on premise to Online document library. I'm starting with a local copy of the OneNote workbook and uploading to an online library. OneNotes workbooks are actually a collection of files within a folder, not a single file.

Version 1.x of the tool fails completely.

Version 2.x actually tries and succeeds to move the files but does it incorrectly.

I indicate the "outer" file of OnteNote book as the item to migrate, but what actually happens is the tool moves all of the CONTENTS INSIDE THAT FOLDER into the library instead - leaving files strewn about the whole library - which is a bad result.

There is a generalized setting called "Migrate OneNote folder as OneNote notebook" that I thought was going to solve all my problems. I set this to true, but it didn't do anything.

I'm looking for an answer on how to migrate OneNote "folders" successfully from on-premise to online.

Thank you.

Thursday, April 19, 2018 5:10 PM

All replies

• Greeting we would like to investigate that failure. could you provide the logs under C:\Users\%user name%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\MigrationTool\XXXX\WF_XXXXX folder 

please email that information to SPMT-Support@microsoft.com 
    Thursday, April 26, 2018 8:56 PM