none
Cross-Forest Delivery Report Configuration

Question

• Hello everyone!

We are currently troubleshooting an issue in a cross-forest Exchange deployment. No migration occurring at this time. These Exchange organizations are co-existing for the time-being. We're trying to track down a message from the remote forest (which we'll call FOREST2) to the local forest (FOREST1). We're using the delivery report search functionality in ECP and we are getting the following error message when we try to search a local mailbox in FOREST1 for a message sent to them from a cross-forest mail contact in FOREST2:

"Client Access server '***' in domain 'FOREST1' encountered an error while connecting to domain 'FOREST2' to retrieve delivery report data. Check your cross-forest delivery reports configuration."

The thing is, I can't find ANY documentation online on how to configure cross-forest delivery reports. Anyone know where something like that would be configured? I assume this is hitting the EWS virtual directory, but I'm really not sure.

Extra background, these two forests do have a two-way trust. We are using Partner MTLS connectivity which is confirmed working. We also have GALSync and cross-forest availability service in place.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Tuesday, September 26, 2017 4:26 PM

All replies