none
Project Lite License for Team Members not giving access to the PWA RRS feed

• Question

•  Hi there - So here is my issue I am having with Project Online 2013. I am new to project server ( I mean project online) & really having fun with it but MSFT can make it a bit easier to the Users.

So we brought the following 2 licenses

1) Project Lite for Team Members ( Brought this license after getting answer from previous question posted by me at  Previous thread )

2) Project Online with Project Pro for Office 365.

So I am able to access the PWA for my Portfolio Managers, Project Managers etc., Now I tried giving access to the Team Members and as directed by MSFT I added them to the group "Team Members for Project Web App ".

I created some tasks in project schedule and assigned the tasks to the Team Members and published them.

Now when My Team Members try too access the PWA Site , they are not able to access it.

1 ) When trying to access the   ( http://tenant.sharepoint.com/PWA/Default.aspx)   which is the home page  I am seeing a webpart error with correlation ID.

2) When trying to access the  Task through (http://tenant.sharepoint.com/PWA/Tasks.aspx ) where you see the tasks, the page gives me " Sorry you don't have access to this page"

So now my question is how do I give access to my Team Members so that they can work on the tasks assigned to them in the PWA. 

Any help is highly appreciated.

Monday, September 15, 2014 7:53 PM

Answers

• Hi Folks - I created this ticket with Microsoft Project Team and this is what they say or did

Apparently when we add Users to the PWA or Share the PWA with the Users... there is some kinda Synchronization job or something which triggers.

So they did a Manual Synchronization and then my Team Member was able to access the PWA.

However when I tried adding a new Team Member to the PWA , we were seeing the same Issue. So this is some kinda bug or glitch related to the synchronization. 

I hope this helps someone who faces the same situation.

So finally got this issue fixed, It is the Timer Job. 

Thanks,

Raj Reddy

• Marked as answer by SP2013Dev Wednesday, September 17, 2014 3:38 PM
    • Edited by SP2013Dev Wednesday, September 24, 2014 3:17 PM
    Wednesday, September 17, 2014 3:38 PM

All replies

• SP2013Dev,

You need to Share the PWA with the team members to give them access. Please refer to my blog here. Hope this helps.

http://www.prasannaadavi.com/2014/05/project-litetrial-my-experience-and.html

Cheers,

Prasanna Adavi, Project MVP

Blog:   Podcast:    Twitter:    LinkedIn:   

Monday, September 15, 2014 8:27 PM
  • Prasanna - Thanks for your reply,  

I did shared the PWA with my Team Members by adding them to the "Team Members for Project Web App", but they are unable to access the PWA.

Tuesday, September 16, 2014 1:10 PM
  • Hi Folks - I created this ticket with Microsoft Project Team and this is what they say or did

Apparently when we add Users to the PWA or Share the PWA with the Users... there is some kinda Synchronization job or something which triggers.

So they did a Manual Synchronization and then my Team Member was able to access the PWA.

However when I tried adding a new Team Member to the PWA , we were seeing the same Issue. So this is some kinda bug or glitch related to the synchronization. 

I hope this helps someone who faces the same situation.

So finally got this issue fixed, It is the Timer Job. 

Thanks,

Raj Reddy

• Marked as answer by SP2013Dev Wednesday, September 17, 2014 3:38 PM
    • Edited by SP2013Dev Wednesday, September 24, 2014 3:17 PM
    Wednesday, September 17, 2014 3:38 PM
  • Hi Raj,

In the "manage user sync settings" in the PWA server settings page, did you activated the 2 sync options?

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MCP, MCTS |

Wednesday, September 17, 2014 4:47 PM
  • Hi Guillaume - Thanks for your reply. 

I don't have the mentioned "manage user sync settings" in the PWA Server settings page, So I don't know how to get to it. 

Thursday, September 18, 2014 8:01 PM