RegOpenKey NAME NOT FOUND error slowing down game RRS feed

• Question

• My Sims 3 game started lagging badly to the point where I almost could not even play it about five minutes into gameplay, so I decided to use Process Monitor to see if there were any processing errors that could be causing the lag. I found this one process being repeated practically every second

Process Name TS3W.exe PID 2464 Operation RegOpenKey Path HKLM/System/CurrentControlSet/Control/DeviceClasses/{ec87f1e3-c13b-4100-b5f7-8b84d54260cb} Result NAME NOT FOUND Detail Desired Access: All Access

I searched online and could not find any solutions to this particular problem. Can anyone help?

Friday, January 5, 2018 5:42 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Did you run it successfully before this issue occur?

If no, Please try to re-install the application.

Please try to run the System File Checker tool (SFC.exe) to check system files and recovery corrupted files, here are steps:

1. Open Command Prompt (as administrator).

2. Type sfc /scannow, and then press Enter.

Please try to use clean boot to run the game in an clean environment.

Here is a link for your reference.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

In addition, please check if the PC is up to date. (Type Check for updates in search box, then select Check for updates. )

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Vera Hu Monday, January 8, 2018 2:56 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Vera Hu Wednesday, January 10, 2018 6:10 AM
    Monday, January 8, 2018 2:56 AM
  •  

Hi, 

How’s everything going? Please feel free to give me any update.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, January 10, 2018 6:10 AM
  • Hi, 

Just checking in to see if the information was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Friday, January 12, 2018 7:47 AM