none
Do I need ADFS and System Center to perform the Site Recovery solution? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi!

I am currently setting up an Azure/Office365 enviroment. I am wondering if I need to use ADFS insted of DirSync when I sync the user in Office365? I am wondereing this because I have heard that I maybe will need ADFS later when I'm setting up Site Recovery?

I'm also wondering if I need System Center (SCVMM) to set up the site recovery?
    Will it work without System Center?

So my question is; Do I need ADFS and System Center to perform the Site Recovery solution?

Friday, October 10, 2014 9:10 AM

Answers

• Hi,

If you want to sync your users to Office 365 (Azure AD) you will need DirSync or the new AADSync. ADFS is not related to the sync process. You want to use ADFS if you need for example an Exchange Hybrid Deployment, or if you want a fully Single Sign On solution.

Regarding the Site Recovery solution, ADFS is not a requirement, but you will need System Center. For a complete requirements list, take a look at this article: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/azure/dn788905.aspx

I hope this answer your question :)

/Anders Eide

Friday, October 10, 2014 9:35 AM