none
Date Format Question RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

We are running Project Server 2007 (SP2 + Oct CU)

Our DB and wfe/app servers are set to use US format.

When I set an instance to use UK date format in the site settings should I expect to see this then change for the instance in question.

This isnt working so Im curious if there is comething at play.

Any tips would be grateful here

Cheers

SOH

Thursday, March 24, 2011 7:14 PM

All replies

• It's mostly governed by your own local settings.  Hit the drop down at the top right that has your name, and select the My Settings, Regional Settings option to change how things appear.
    Andrew Lavinsky [MVP] Blog: http://azlav.umtblog.com Twitter: @alavinsky
    Thursday, March 24, 2011 8:23 PM
  • Hi Andrew,

I looked at that also. It was set to pick up web settings but still the date displays as US even though UK is set.

Any other ideas?

tks,

Shane

Thursday, March 24, 2011 9:14 PM
  • Turn off the follow Web Settings, and set it to English (UK).  That will change your date formats to the UK.  The Web Settings are on a per site basis (I believe) and can be reached using the Site Actions drop down in 2010.  (I would think 2007 is about the same)
    Thursday, March 24, 2011 9:28 PM
  • Still doesnt work...

But heres what i noticed....

I'm testing using a Resource custom field

If I try to set the "date" for the resource it sets as 01/04/2011 (April 1) but then reads as 04/01/2011 if I view the field in the Resource Center view.

I'm pretty sure that the date fields (non custom) in say Project Center are displaying correctly

Could this be a bug related to a custom field of type date?

Tks,

Shane

Thursday, March 24, 2011 10:00 PM
  • Where are you editing this field?  In the browser or in the Project client?
    Thursday, March 24, 2011 10:19 PM
  • I used the browser

If I open the ERP in the MSP client the April 1 date from the browser displays as Jan 4.

I can edit the date in the client and it saves correctly.

If I then view that date in Resource Center it displays correctly but if I open and save the save record in the browser, it displays incorrectly.

I think this is a bug

Friday, March 25, 2011 9:15 AM
  • Let me see if I can repro it over the weekend.  If so, I guess it's a bug.  What's the specific requirement if I may ask, deploy Project Server to support both the US and UK - or just the UK?
    Friday, March 25, 2011 1:35 PM
  • Right - Its international so we have users connecting from alot of countries. Our servers are configured US but for users in specific countries they want the Site collection regional settings to override.
    Friday, March 25, 2011 3:40 PM
  • Hi Andrew,

Did you manage to reproduce?

Any thoughts?

Shane

Shane...OH
    Tuesday, March 29, 2011 4:29 PM
  • Didn't get a chance yet.

Tuesday, March 29, 2011 5:36 PM
  • Hi Shane,

I am working with a similar environment:

• Server is set up with English (US)
    • Client setting German (Austria)
    • For user, I changed Regional Settings to German (Austria): Click on account name in the right upper corner - My Settings - My Regional Settings - selected German (Austria) in Locale field.

Any edits in Project client and Resource Center in Project Web App are displayed correctly in my case: for default date fields and for Enterprise Custom fields of type date.

Where did you change your regional settings?
    Regards
    Barbara

Wednesday, March 30, 2011 7:07 AM
  • Hi Barbara,

So you saying with the above config, that enterprise custom fields are displaying correctly when edited in PWA?

E.g. if you set a CF data to April 1 1/4/2011 it remains the same?

i am using resource Center to test editing of the date.

When I use the resource pool in MSP, the problem is not there.

Thanks for your input,

Shane

Shane...OH
    Wednesday, March 30, 2011 6:44 PM
  • Hi Shane,

I have to appologize: I failed when reading your first message carefully. I missed that you are asking for 2007, I did my testing in 2010. Sorry, I have only a pure German 2007 environment. So I tried again, just with the opposite settings (should have the same effect?):
     - SQL German
     - PS2007 German installation
     - Regional Settings on Server: German
     - Site Settings for PWA German
     - Client's Regional Settings: English (US)
     - on client for my user I changed Regional Settings by click on my name (upper right corner) - my settings - my regional settings to English (US).

So everything on Server side in German and all settings on user side (client) English(US).
    However, everthing is working as expected: It doesn't make any difference if I edit ECF of type date for resources in PWA or Project client. I have tried with April 1st, as you suggested.

Regards
    Barbara

Thursday, March 31, 2011 5:05 AM
  • Hi Barbara,

I checked again on a smaller environment.

The results are the same

DB server: US Format

WFE/App server: US Format

PWA regional setting: UK format

PWA user regional setting: UK format

One thing i did notice was that if I set the date to a number higher than 12 (for the day) the date sets correctly. So using 13th April to 30th April will work ok. Its only when the day is 1-12, it doesnt work.

Can you test the same from your side?

Appreciate your help.

Shane

Shane...OH
    Thursday, April 14, 2011 11:53 AM
  • Hi Shane,

I see one difference between our settings: In my case evereything related to server has the same setting and everything related to client the other one. I use your list an ad my settings:

DB server: US Format German
    WFE/App server: US Format German
    PWA regional setting: UK format German!
    PWA user regional setting: UK format US

One addition: my regional settings on client are US, but I assume that it is UK in your case, so this should be consistent?

I used 1st April and 13th December in March, I have now I did another test with 5th April and 30th April. In my case it is still working as expected. Sorry!

Barbara

Thursday, April 14, 2011 4:17 PM