Certificate Replacement RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,
    I have to replace Skype for <g class="gr_ gr_13 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Grammar only-ins doubleReplace replaceWithoutSep" data-gr-id="13" id="13">business</g> certificate that will expire next month

I have installed the certificate on all the server in the farm.
    I am not a skype guy so I am not sure on how to install them on skype.
    Could someone suggest me a step by step guide to perform the task?

kind regards

Luca Pozzoli

Thursday, August 9, 2018 3:11 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Luca,

If you want to re-new the SFB FE servers’ private certificates ,You could refer to the following link. If you have mutiply FE servers, you should re-new certificates in all FE servers.

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/uclobby/2015/05/15/renewing-skype-for-business-server-2015-certificates/

If you want to re-new the SFB edge server’s public certificats, you should buy new certificate from the public CA(Note:please add the correctly SN and SAN in the public certificate ),then open the MMC, import the public certificates in edge server.

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, August 10, 2018 3:02 AM
  • Hi ,

Do you have any updates? If the reply help to you, please mark the reply as answer.

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, August 10, 2018 8:25 AM
  • Hi, I have just installed the public certificate on the edge server but I can't figure out how to assign to skype.

Pocking around I found that is necessary to use the deployment wizard.

As I  said I am not a skype guy I don't want to mess up something.

I use the topology browser to check the installation.

I see that there is

1 edge server 

1 reverse proxy with arr

and a public address for the  office web app

I think I have to replace only  the public certificate for the edge server ie real necessary use the deployment wizard and is safe to do this approach?

Thanks again!!

Luca Pozzoli

Friday, August 10, 2018 9:32 AM
  • Hi ,

Please download this pdf,find the “External Certificate”,there are steps about assigning the certificates.

https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/Installing-Skype-for-78703118

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Friday, August 10, 2018 9:54 AM
  • Hi ,

Do you have some updates? If the reply help to you ,please mark the reply as answer.

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Tuesday, August 14, 2018 10:03 AM
  • Hi,

Are there any update for this issue, if the reply is helpful to you, please try to mark it as an answer, it will help others who has similar issue.

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Tuesday, August 14, 2018 10:05 AM