none
Enable DNS client events RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guys

I have been trying to enable DNS client events  in my 2008 server (Client server ) for some DNS resolving issues.

I was able to enable the operational logging by just enabling it , but I know there are 1 to 5 levels for enabling the logs . But I couldn't find this settings anywhere . 

I believe this is something need to be set from the registry but couldn't find any thing . 

Thursday, July 6, 2017 11:21 AM

All replies

• Hi,

>> I was able to enable the operational logging by just enabling it , but I know there are 1 to 5 levels for enabling the logs . But I couldn't find this settings anywhere . 

I have a bit of unclear about operational logging. Does it means Debug logging or Audit events? Does the level like it in the figure?

If it is, you could open MMC, add event view ,and create custom view.

>>I have been trying to enable DNS client events  in my 2008 server (Client server ) for some DNS resolving issues.

You could post your DNS issue here.

Best Regards,

Frank

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, July 7, 2017 9:52 AM
  • Hi,
    Just checking in to see if the information provided was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,

Frank

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, July 11, 2017 7:21 AM

• Hi,

Was your issue resolved? 

If you resolved it using our solution, please "mark it as answer" to help other community members find the helpful reply quickly.
    If you resolve it using your own solution, please share your experience and solution here. It will be very beneficial for other community members who have similar questions.
    If no, please reply and tell us the current situation in order to provide further help.

Best Regards,
    Frank

Friday, July 21, 2017 7:52 AM