Unwanted keyboard layouts RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I use windows 7 home with an asus G73-JH laptop and for some reason when I start playing, English(US) and Chinese Keyboard start appearing for no reason. This happens with most games I own, right now I can think of Starcraft 2, Team Forteress 2, Darkspore, and I think Age of Empires 3. Also it does not seem to happen all the time, I have to play for a while and then sometimes it happens and sometimes it doesn't. I tried going into Text Services and Input Settings, but they do not appear: 

I tried to add and then remove them, it works but they keep coming back so I deleted the registry keys in [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\Control\Keyboard Layouts] and [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\Control\Keyboard Layout\DosKeybCodes] but they come back, I tried to check in [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Keyboard Layout\Preload] but I don't understand what I should change.

Tuesday, September 20, 2011 2:01 PM

Answers

• Issue solved,

I deleted all the values that pointed to chinese in

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Keyboard Layout\DosKeybCodes]
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Keyboard Layouts]
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\Control\Keyboard Layout\DosKeybCodes]
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\Control\Keyboard Layouts]

No more chinese layouts in my computer! :D

• Marked as answer by omgwtfbugz Tuesday, September 20, 2011 3:08 PM
    Tuesday, September 20, 2011 3:08 PM

All replies

• Issue solved,

I deleted all the values that pointed to chinese in

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Keyboard Layout\DosKeybCodes]
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Keyboard Layouts]
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\Control\Keyboard Layout\DosKeybCodes]
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\Control\Keyboard Layouts]

No more chinese layouts in my computer! :D

• Marked as answer by omgwtfbugz Tuesday, September 20, 2011 3:08 PM
    Tuesday, September 20, 2011 3:08 PM
  • Glad you solve the issue and share it with us. It can help others who encounter the same problem.

Thanks for the efforts here.

Regards,

Miya

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. | Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Thursday, September 22, 2011 3:18 AM