none
Is it possible to integrate chkdsk progress into MDT progress bar screen? RRS feed

• Question

• I'm tweaking my custom capture task sequence and want to run chkdsk /F OSdisk after I get a system into WindowsPE environment but before the capture. I'd like to wrap the chkdsk into the MDT window progress bar. Before I jump down a rabbit hole building from (say the ZTIBackup.wsf) is there a template ZTI I could use that would wrap the progress bar into the MDT window like this: http://hanssontony.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/mdtrealtimeinfo.jpg
    Friday, January 31, 2014 3:40 PM

Answers

• Yuck

Could work, oUtility.RunWithConsoleLogging() is designed to auto-process percentages if found in the output stream. *However* not all output streams are created equal. wdsmcast.exe for example outputs a series of Peroid characters to indicate progress (of course), so there is custom code in MDT to read the dots and calculate the percentages.

The output stream should return the percentages per line, rather than overwriting the console. This is similar to the Imagex.exe "/Scroll" command switch.

I would try to get it working using the RunWithConsoleLogging() command, if it does not work, I would give up.

Keith Garner - keithga.wordpress.com

Tuesday, February 4, 2014 7:57 AM

All replies

• Yuck

Could work, oUtility.RunWithConsoleLogging() is designed to auto-process percentages if found in the output stream. *However* not all output streams are created equal. wdsmcast.exe for example outputs a series of Peroid characters to indicate progress (of course), so there is custom code in MDT to read the dots and calculate the percentages.

The output stream should return the percentages per line, rather than overwriting the console. This is similar to the Imagex.exe "/Scroll" command switch.

I would try to get it working using the RunWithConsoleLogging() command, if it does not work, I would give up.

Keith Garner - keithga.wordpress.com

Tuesday, February 4, 2014 7:57 AM
  • Awesome reply Keith, Thanks. I had a feeling chkdsk was never designed a redirection of output without some kind of other wrapper.
    Tuesday, February 4, 2014 11:53 AM