Create new "my requests" option on the portal RRS feed

• Question

• Are there instructions somewhere to create or recreate the "My Requests" webpart from the SCSM 2012 R2 portal? I've had microsoft try to fix the issue but they couldn't. All I see is a blank space.

Help

Friday, December 19, 2014 2:40 PM

All replies

• You mean that the part that users can enter requests is visible and users can enter requests but the part that allows users to see their requests is totally blank?
    Friday, December 19, 2014 5:52 PM
  • Correct.

I know there are articles talking about and I've had Microsoft look at it as well. Their front line techs couldn't help.

Help

Friday, December 19, 2014 5:57 PM
  • how many incidents and requests are in your CMDB?

http://codebeaver.blogspot.dk/

Saturday, December 20, 2014 11:01 AM
  • it kinda depends on how you broke it. 

if someone just deleted the link from sharepoint, you can go look a the lab system and get the link text from that system and create a new link that takes users there. 

if someone deleted that shareporint page, you can recreated it by looking at the published page in your lab portal and recreating it. you might need some sharepoint expertise to do this (i don't do sharepoint, sorry)

if someone was throughout or careless and deleted the silver light or other ASPX pages from the Content and Data Access web-site, then the best chance would be to uninstall and reinstall the data access web sites from Programs and Features and set it up again, so the links that are still there start to function again. 

Monday, December 22, 2014 9:17 PM
  • One thing that you can check:

1st, you need to be an Admin for the SharePoint part of the portal

Goto My Requests
    Goto Site Actions (top left corner) and select Edit Page
    Click on "My Requests WebPart" above the empty My Requests area
    Under "Web Part Tools" (topmost ribbon) select Options
    Click "Web Part Properties"

Now, all the properties should be available on the right side column.

Check that all of the Visibility check-boxes are checked.

Tuesday, December 23, 2014 6:09 PM
  • Currently less than 10,000

Help

Friday, December 26, 2014 1:45 PM
  • Thomas - I do appreciate the fact that you responded but I followed Microsoft technet instructions to install the program.   No one has deleted any files or folders.

Either way Microsofts own support staff couldn't get it working. We even tried taking a new copies of specific files and it didn't work. 

Help

Friday, December 26, 2014 1:48 PM
  • One place I had to break from the default setup was the Application Pools run-as accounts.  This is what mine are set at on the IIS role.  This is how I had to configure it in order for it all to work.

ASP.NET v4.0 - ApplicationPoolIdentity
    ASP.Net v4.0 Classic - ApplicationPoolIdentity
    Classic .Net AppPool - ApplicationPoolIdentity
    ContentHost_appPool - servicemanagerserviceaccount
    DefaultAppPool - selfserviceportalaccount
    IT Self Service - servicemanagerserviceaccount (this is the portal website)
    SecurityTokenServiceApplicationPool - servicemanagerserviceaccount
    ServiceHost_AppPool - servicemanagerserviceaccount
    (website identified with hash string) - selfserviceportalaccount

Also, you might want to make sure that your SelfServicePortal run-as account has permissions to run locally on your primary management server.

The portal account was also given DB Owner on both SharePoint databases and the SSP_Config Database.

Friday, December 26, 2014 3:39 PM
  • have you tried a reinstall on a "new" server?

http://codebeaver.blogspot.dk/

Friday, December 26, 2014 3:50 PM