Office 365 users cannot see presence after migration of Edge server RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Situation before:

- 1 FE, 1 Edge (2 companies - 2 sip domain  compA.domain.com, compB.domain.ru)

Situation after:

First company: 1 FE, 1 Edge, sip domain: compA.domain.com (public addresses same as before)

Second company: 1 FE, 1 Edge, sip domain: compB.domain.ru (new public addreses)

After the split of companies, the Office 365 sfb users (different companies) cannot see presence of the Second company users. If we create new Office 365 domain everything is seen. Federation works for on premise companies.

Our suspiction: Office365 holds the old Edge public FQDN for compB.domain.ru. 

How can we refresh this data?

Monday, June 25, 2018 1:03 PM

All replies

• Hi iron_flower,

According to your description, I want to confirm some questions with your help:
    1. Does your environment hybrid with online before?
    2. What environment in your organization now? Only on-premise or hybrid environment?

Based on my experience, I suggest you could check the SRV records in the public DNS server and port 5061 whether opened in the Edge in your second company.

In addition, as you are using two SIP domains before, I suggest you could check whether also there are two SIP domains in your first company’s topology. According to your description, the two companies has split, if in the first company’s topology, there is an additional SIP domain, you could try to remove.

Best Regard,
    Evan
    Tuesday, June 26, 2018 7:38 AM
  • Hi Evan,

1. no hybrid is configured (nor before, neither after)

2. On premise 

SRV records are correct. As I wrote before federation works with on premise installations and with new Office 365 ones. 

No 2 sip domains are in architectures. We split the organizations.

Tuesday, June 26, 2018 12:48 PM
  • Hi iron_flower,,

You could try to check whether the new Edge Server configured right, you could refer to the document below to find more:
    https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/Installing-Skype-for-78703118 

In addition, you could try to check the federation type in the SFB control panel, or you could run the cmdlet: Get-csaccessedgeconfiguration | fl. You could also run the cmdlet below to do a test: Test-CsFederatedPartner -Domain <partnerdomain> -TargetFqdn <EdgeaccessFQDN>

Best Regard,
    Evan

Friday, June 29, 2018 2:33 AM
  • Hi iron_flower,

Are there any update for this issue, if the reply is helpful to you, please try to mark it as an answer, it will help others who has similar issue.

Best Regards,

Evan

Monday, July 2, 2018 5:18 AM
  • Hi,

Get-CsAccessEdgeConfiguration | fl

Identity                               : Global
    AllowAnonymousUsers                    : False
    AllowFederatedUsers                    : True
    AllowOutsideUsers                      : True
    BeClearingHouse                        : False
    EnablePartnerDiscovery                 : False
    DiscoveredPartnerVerificationLevel     : UseSourceVerification
    EnableArchivingDisclaimer              : False
    EnableUserReplicator                   : False
    KeepCrlsUpToDateForPeers               : True
    MarkSourceVerifiableOnOutgoingMessages : True
    OutgoingTlsCountForFederatedPartners   : 4
    DnsSrvCacheRecordCount                 : 131072
    DiscoveredPartnerStandardRate          : 20
    EnableDiscoveredPartnerContactsLimit   : True
    MaxContactsPerDiscoveredPartner        : 1000
    DiscoveredPartnerReportPeriodMinutes   : 60
    MaxAcceptedCertificatesStored          : 1000
    MaxRejectedCertificatesStored          : 500
    CertificatesDeletedPercentage          : 20
    SkypeSearchUrl                         : https://skypegraph.skype.com/search/v1.0
    RoutingMethod                          : UseDnsSrvRouting

I think you did not read what I stated before. It works with most Office 365 domains except for the ones that were used before the split.

Monday, July 2, 2018 10:46 AM