Maxtor Ultra ATA-166 PCI card drivers RRS feed

• Question

• I recently installed Vista in a machine with a SATA as the default drive and a Maxtor 200GB ATA-166 drive as the secondary.  After installation, Vista did not recongize the controller card therefore it does not see the ATA-166 drive.  I have looked for drivers but unable to find any.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Mike

Saturday, July 8, 2006 3:27 AM

All replies

• Hi Mike,

If I understand correctly, you are using a PCI PATA adaptor.  Have you tried using the motherboard IDE interface?

(Of course, make sure your cable is good and the master/slave/cs jumpers are set right :) )

If you are using an expansion card to get ATA-166 speeds, and your mb only supports ATA133 or ATA100, don't worry.  You won't notice any speed difference.  The fastest PATA drives hardly ever get much more than 60MB/sec max continuous transfer rate.  The burst rate on my Seagate is about 93MB/sec.

Monday, July 24, 2006 12:47 PM
  • Did anyone find a fix to this? If you have a new Dell that only has SATA slots on it, and have the Maxtor or Via pci ATA/SATA raid card, I can't get it to do more than see one drive off this thing!
     Unfortunately it's only seeing one of the SATA ports. ANy ideas?
    Saturday, December 15, 2007 9:49 PM